PART 35: Irritation

𝑰𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔, 𝑰 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒚 𝒇𝒂𝒗𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒄.
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

THE NEXT DAY

ೃ⁀➷𝘼𝙐𝙏𝙃𝙊𝙍 𝙋𝙊𝙑 ˊˎ-

Bomm grumbled to himself as he bought his coffee, frustrated that War hadn't shown up to work in days. "Lazy guy," he muttered under his breath.

Just then, P'Kath approached him with a cheerful smile. "Hey, nong Bomm! You always get coffee?" She inquired.

Bomm nodded confidently. "Yeah, it's my routine," he replied.

But then, P'Kath leaned in closer. "Hey, about the rumors...is it true that you are dating Mr. President?" She asked, causing Bomm to clench his jaw in frustration, momentarily speechless.

How could she have the audacity to ask such a question and doubt him like that? She should just believe whatever gossip she heard instead of questioning him!

"Well..." P'Kath hesitated, fidgeting with her necklace. "I mean, it's either you, Peat, or War, right? So, I'm just curious," she explained carefully.

Bomm's gaze hardened. "And what if it is? Do you think Peat or War is Mr. President's boyfriend?" He countered firmly, causing P'Kath to bite her lip anxiously.

P'Kath shifted uncomfortably under Bomm's gaze. "I...uh...well, I didn't mean to pry," she stammered, suddenly flustered by his assertiveness.

Bomm scoffed irritably. "Look at Peat. He's broke. You really think he's Mr. President's boyfriend, phi? He can't even afford expensive clothes," he said, a smug smirk playing on his lips.

Bomm continued confidently, "And as for War, well, he's been MIA for days now. Probably off gallivanting somewhere. Do you honestly think he's the President's boyfriend?"

P'Kath nodded along, her expression thoughtful. It seemed like she was starting to believe Bomm's words, causing her to make a mental note to be extra kind to him, just in case he really was Mr. President's boyfriend.

∘✧──────✧∘

As Bomm walked toward the lobby, he noticed the glances and whispers directed his way. It seemed like everyone had already heard a rumor about him being the President's boyfriend. Bomm smirked proudly at the attention.

Even as he stepped into the elevator, people made room for him, their whispers continuing in hushed tones. Bomm stood tall, enjoying the acknowledgment. He couldn't be more pleased.

Bomm arrived at his department level and noticed that War was already back to work. He saw War handing a paper bag to Peat, who had just returned after being in the marketing department for almost a week.

"This is a little souvenir from Taiwan," War said with a smile.

Peat's eyes lit up with excitement as he accepted the paper bag. "Thank you, War! This is the first time I have received a souvenir from a friend," Peat replied happily, inspecting the items in the bag—a shirt, a Taiwanese snack and more.

“By the way, happy belated birthday, War. I will buy a birthday present for you when we get our allowance,” Peat said as he was kinda short of money because he even used his money to support his family.

Bomm walked past them, hoping for War's attention but War only gave him a brief glance before returning to his conversation with Peat. Bomm felt a surge of anger as he gritted his teeth, resentful that he hadn't received a souvenir like Peat had.