PART 21: Conundrum

𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒎𝒚 𝒇𝒂𝒗𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒆.
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

ೃ⁀➷𝙔𝙄𝙉 𝙋𝙊𝙑 ˊˎ-

The sound of War's voice over the phone early was filled with unmistakable hunger as he expressed his craving for spicy Korean chicken. I chuckled at his grumble and promised to grab some on my way home. I then drove my car towards the nearest Korean restaurant, the thought of War's satisfied smile spurring me on.

As I entered the restaurant, the savory aroma of grilled meat and spices filled the air. I approached the counter to place my order for takeout and I noticed a familiar face standing behind it, his eyes widening in surprise as he recognized me.

"Mr. President?" Peat greeted me, his tone a mix of astonishment and nervousness.

"Aww, Peat. It's a surprise to suddenly meet you here."

Peat rubbed his head awkwardly. "Yeah...Mr. President. I'm surprised too," he answered.

"Are you working here?" I asked, noticing his attire that suggested he was on duty.

"Yeah, Mr. President. I'm doing a part-time job on weekends," he explained.

I nodded in acknowledgment. "Ah, I see. Then, can I order the Korean spicy chicken Set C, please," I said.

Peat's expression shifted from blur for a moment to genuine warmth as he realized the purpose behind me standing there. "Of course, Mr. President. Coming right up," he said with a smile, quickly key-in the order.

As he punched in the details, I engaged in a bit of small talk. "Since when did you start to work here?" I inquired.

"Just...started here this week, Mr. President," he replied, glancing around the bustling restaurant.

I nodded. "Well, it seems you are settling in quickly," I remarked, gesturing to the busy surroundings. "As for me, I'm a regular here."

Peat raised an eyebrow, curiosity evident in his expression. "Oh, really? Do you always come here?" He asked, trying to make conversation.

"Yes, quite often. My boyfriend loves the spicy Korean chicken they serve here, so it's become a routine for us," I explained, feeling a twinge of warmth at the thought of sharing these moments with War.

Peat's eyes widened imperceptibly at the mention of 'my boyfriend', a hint of surprise flickering across his features. Clearly, he hadn't been privy to that piece of information about me. He didn't even know War is my beloved sweetheart.

Peat's surprise was palpable but he quickly recovered, offering a polite smile. "Sounds like you two have a favorite spot," he replied with a grin.

I nodded, returning his smile. "Well, I will make sure to get your order right then, Mr. President," he said, turning to attend to the task at hand.

∘✧──────✧∘

"Babyyy, I'm already back," I called out, letting the door click shut behind me.

Moments later, I heard War's quick footsteps bounding down the stairs, his face lighting up with a bright smile as he clutched his beloved teddy bear tightly.

"P'Yinnn!" War exclaimed happily as he rushed over to greet me, the plush toy still in his arms. "I miss you so much, phi!" He confessed, wrapping me in a warm embrace that filled me with a sense of home.

I teased him playfully as I pulled back slightly from our embrace. "Which do you more excited to see me or to eat your favorite Korean chicken, hm?" I quipped playful, poking his top nose.