PART 34: Birthday

𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒖𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒔 𝒗𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒎𝒆𝒔.
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

ೃ⁀➷𝙔𝙄𝙉 𝙋𝙊𝙑 ˊˎ-

As we entered the haunted house, I could feel War's grip on my hand tightening. Clutching onto my arm like a lifeline, he looked like a scared kitten, his eyes wide with fear.

Trying to suppress a laugh, I wrapped my arm around his shoulders, pulling him close. "Don't worry, baby. I will protect you from the ghosts," I said with mock seriousness, earning a nervous chuckle from him.

But as we ventured deeper into the haunted house, War's fear seemed to escalate with each creaky floorboard and flickering light. At one point, a ghostly figure popped out from behind a corner and War let out a high-pitched shriek, practically jumping into my arms.

"P'Yin, I can't do this! I'm too young and handsome to be haunted by ghosts!" He shouted.

Unable to contain my amusement any longer, I burst into laughter, holding onto him. "Don't worry, baby. I will make sure the ghosts don't lay a finger on you," I reassured him between giggles.

But as the haunted house continued to unleash its spooky surprises, War's grip on me only grew tighter. With each new scare, he buried his face in my chest. Unable to resist the opportunity to tease him further, I gave a wink to the ghost lurking in the shadows, silently encouraging it to up its scare tactics. And sure enough, as another ghostly apparition appeared in front of us, War let out a comically exaggerated scream, clinging onto me like a koala.

"P'Yin, I take it back! I'm not too young and handsome for ghosts! Save me!" He said, his voice muffled against my chest.

Laughing uncontrollably, I hugged him tightly. Well, I feel like the luckiest person alive to be his protector.

And as we finally exited the haunted house, War's face was flushed. "Well, that was...crazy," he said, trying to catch his breath between fits of laughter.

I grinned, wrapping an arm around his shoulders as we made our way back to the safety of daylight. "Hey, at least now we have a hilarious story to tell our parents."

"Awww, phi! Don't dare to tell them. They will laugh at me," he said, giving me a playful nudge which made me laugh.

∘✧──────✧∘

After the thrilling adventure in the haunted house, War and I decided to lighten the mood by going souvenir shopping. As we strolled through the bustling market stalls, War's eyes lit up with excitement at the array of colorful trinkets and knick-knacks on display.

"I want to buy something for our parents and my friends, phiii!" War said excitedly as he hugged me.

I smiled. "Yeah, sure, baby. Just choose whatever you like," I replied.

We perused the shelves, admiring the assortment of handmade crafts and local delicacies. War's discerning eye quickly spotted a collection of intricately carved wooden figurines.

"These would be perfect for our parents," War muttered, carefully inspecting each figurine.

I nodded while wrapping my arm around his shoulder. "Yeah, they will love them, baby," I agreed, reaching out to help him select a few of the most exquisite pieces.

As we continued our shopping spree, War's attention turned to finding gifts for his friends. After everything settled, we approached the counter. I pulled out my wallet to pay for my baby and the basket full of souvenirs that he had chosen.