PART 26: Unraveling

𝑳𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑵𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒉 𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒓 𝒈𝒖𝒊𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒔 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆, 𝒍𝒐𝒚𝒂𝒍𝒕𝒚 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆'𝒔 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔.
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

THE NEXT DAY

ೃ⁀➷𝙒𝘼𝙍 𝙋𝙊𝙑 ˊˎ-

As I prepared to go to work, P'Yin insisted that we go together instead of me riding my scooter alone. Despite my protests that I'm already fine, he remained adamant.

"P'Yin, I'm fine, really. I can ride my scooter," I argued, trying to reason with him.

But he shook his head, his expression firm. "I know, baby, but I would feel much better if we went together. At least for the time being," he insisted with pleading eyes.

Unable to resist his determination, I relented with a sigh and pouted. "Alright, alright, if it will make my prince feel better," I conceded while wrapping my hand around his arm.

With a smile of satisfaction, P'Yin nodded, pleased that I had agreed. "That's my baby," he said happily. We then made our way out of the house and towards his car.

As we settled into the car, P'Yin couldn't seem to stop fussing over me, constantly asking if I was feeling better and if I needed anything.

I chuckled. "P'Yin, I'm fine, really," I reassured him, reaching out to squeeze his cheeks. "You don't have to worry so much."

But he simply shook his head, pouting. "Babyyy, but I can't help it. I just want to make sure you are okay. Just call me if suddenly you don't feel well, okay?"

I grinned while nodding. "I will, phi," I replied.

As P'Yin's car approached Wong's building, I noticed Bomm's scooter occupying my usual parking spot yet again!!! An annoyed pout formed on my lips.

P'Yin noticed my expression. "What's wrong, baby?" He asked while holding my hand.

I sighed, tearing my gaze away from the scooter. "It's Bomm's scooter again," I muttered. "He keeps taking my parking spot without any reason. He even bought the exact same scooter as mine."

Furrowing, P'Yin's lips formed a tight line as he glanced at the scooter. "What's wrong with that kid?" He muttered. "Did he have any bitterness towards you, baby? Do you want me to do something about it?"

I shook my head, knowing that confronting Bomm about the parking spot and scooter would likely only lead to unnecessary tension. "No, it's okay, phi," I replied. "I will just find another spot."

P'Yin caressed my cheek softly. "Alright, but let me know if it becomes a problem," he said.

I nodded. "Okay, phi," I said softly, leaning over to press a kiss to his cheek before leaning on his shoulder.

∘✧──────✧∘

I settled at my desk with the cup of latte P'Yin had bought for me but my moment of tranquility was short-lived as Bomm approached my desk. "Hey, War," Bomm greeted.

I forced a polite smile in response.

Peat turned to look at me. "Warrr! How are you feeling today?" He asked with concern.

Before I could respond, Bomm interjected. "War, you know P'New was really upset that you didn't come to work yesterday," he said, his eyes narrowing in what seemed like satisfaction.

I arched an eyebrow. "Oh, really? And how would you know that?" I asked, my tone dripping with sarcasm.

Bomm shrugged. "Well, he mentioned it to me yesterday morning during our meeting," he claimed innocently.