PART 30: Rumors

𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒐𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒍, 𝒆𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔.
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

ೃ⁀➷𝘼𝙐𝙏𝙃𝙊𝙍 𝙋𝙊𝙑 ˊˎ-

Today, an unexpected event happened again when suddenly the whispers and murmurs about the rumored romance between "Mr. President" and an unnamed individual in the company grew louder. It seemed that every corner of the office buzzed with speculation, fueled by curious glances and hushed conversations.

"Do you hear the rumor that Mr. President has a lover that works in our department?" One of the employees said while his eyes scanned the area and stopped at three internship students,War, Bomm and Peat.

War, Bomm and Peat couldn't escape the prying eyes and pointed remarks directed their way. War's expression tightened, a knot of unease forming in his stomach. The thought of their relationship being the sudden subject of office gossip made him squirm with discomfort.

Bomm's ears perked up at the mention of Mr. President. "Really? Who's spreading that rumor?" Bomm asked P'Kath as she and a few colleagues gathered around.

Peat glanced at War and Bomm before looking at P'Kath again. "We heard it from someone in the Procurement Department. They claim to have seen a young man always coming to the office with Mr. President. They even always arrive and leave together," P'Kath said, turning into a gossip mode. "And the young man wears a blue lanyard, indicating he's from our department," she added, causing all the people there to gasp in surprise.

One of the colleagues turned to War. "Hey, nong War, didn't you and Mr. President goes to the same university? Do you know who his lover might be?" She asked.

War shifted uncomfortably, feeling the weight of everyone's eyes on him. "Um, I'm not sure, phi," he replied awkwardly, trying to deflect the attention away from himself.

Before the conversation could escalate further, Bomm interjected, trying to put himself in the spotlight. "Alright, alright, let's cut the gossip, shall we?" He said with a smile. "I'm sure Mr. President wouldn't appreciate being the center of attention like this."

"Oh, come on, Bomm," P'Khet teased, nudging him. "You are being awfully defensive. Are you trying to protect Mr. President's secret lover? Or...you are his secret lover, huh?"

Bomm acted with chuckled nervously but there was a glint of satisfied expression in his eyes. "What are you talking about, phi?" He uttered, acting embarrassing. "But seriously, let's respect Mr. President's privacy, okay? Speculating about his personal life won't get us anywhere," he continued which made me roll my eyes.

"Aww, you are not fooling anyone with that coy act, nonggg," P'Sea chimed in, raising an eyebrow. "Are you sure you are not the one he's been sneaking around with?"

Bomm laughed, scratching the back of his neck. "Hey, we should stop talking about it, okay?" He uttered shyly.

'What the hell does he act like he's P'Yin's boyfriend?!' War thought annoyingly.

The group exchanged glances. It was clear that Bomm's behavior only added fuel to the rumors swirling around the office, leaving everyone to speculate about his relationship with Mr. President.