23. Life

If I could buy a house on Memory Lane
I wouldn't have to wonder if you miss me the same
I'd be lovin' you as usual, tellin' you you're beautiful
Oh, I'd be happily delusional.....

___________________________________________

Siya

I stood in front of the mirror, ready to go. It's been two months since I ran away from home. Yes, today is the day when I made my first decision for myself. I've spent my whole life making my parents happy, but for the first time, I made a decision that made me happy. Well, now I don't want to worry about it anymore. Everything is fine now, and I'm happy with my life. My parents are with me, and I'm living my life. I don't need anything else.

My attention shifted to the watch in front of me, and I realized I was running late. Why am I getting caught up in these thoughts? I took a deep breath and looked at myself in the mirror again. Yes, I look good, as usual. But today, maybe I look a little too good. I wasn't planning to wear this dress, but then I remembered that I'm going out with the Ostrich today. Yes, I know, not for fun, but for the office.

Today, I'm wearing a white knee length dress, which is quite suitable for my office. It looks formal yet decent, and I'm feeling pretty good about it. So, now I'm off. Otherwise, this Ostrich might come to pick me up, and I don't want that. 

I quickly grabbed my bag and headed downstairs. I saw the Ostrich still engrossed in his phone. Today, he was wearing a white shirt and black pants, with his tuxedo suit neatly placed on the sofa. The sleeves of his shirt were rolled up, revealing his veiny hands and long fingers.

Shut up, girl...

As soon as my mind snapped me back to reality, I regained my senses. I glanced around the hall, but Tasha was nowhere to be seen. Maybe she had gone back home. But leaving me alone like this wasn't a good idea. I'll have to talk to her about it properly.

As I was still contemplating, I heard the Ostrich's voice, and I stepped out of my thoughts.

"Are you planning to stand here all day?" he said.

"If you want, I can sit in your lap all day," I whispered, so he wouldn't hear me.

And I looked at him again.

"What did you say?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Nothing... I mean, nothing at all," I said, shaking my head slightly.

"Alright then, let's go," he said, his tone devoid of any emotion, extending his hand towards me.

His behaviour didn't sit well with me, so I chose not to react and stepped aside.

He walked behind me now, and I walked ahead. He neglected to lock my house and simply instructed the guard to watch over it.

As we reached the parking lot, he gestured for me to get into the car, and I compiled without saying anything.

Now we were both in his car, and there was an eerie silence, it felt like the calm before a storm.

I glanced at him once, then opened my phone. At least I wouldn't be bored with this.

Our office was an hour away from our apartment, and I didn't know how I was going to survive this one-hour journey.

I wished I were the one driving, then I wouldn't be so bored for sure.

"Who was that?" he asked while driving, his attention now diverted from the road towards me.

After hearing his question, I turned off my phone and looked at him, asking, "Who?"