𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟾 - 𝚒 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚒 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚞

It had been over a month since Childe and Wanderer began hanging out regularly. Despite the time that had passed, Childe still couldn't shake the feeling that Wanderer was someone he had known in the past. Today, they found themselves sitting on a bench, the air filled with a comfortable silence.

Breaking the stillness, Childe turned to Wanderer. "Erm... Wanderer, I know I've said this before, but... I really think I know you."

Wanderer looked at Childe, then lowered his gaze. "No. We didn't know each other until now. So please, stop bringing this up," he said with a sigh. He felt guilty for maintaining this facade, but he believed he had no other choice.

"Listen, Wanderer, I know you'd say that, but I really think we've met before," Childe insisted, gripping Wanderer's shoulders. "I really think that I have met you."

Wanderer was caught off guard by Childe's sudden boldness. He stayed silent for a moment before letting out a deep breath. "Perhaps we have seen each other in passing, in a crowd. But before this arrangement by Lesser Lord Kusanali, I was no more than a stranger to you."

Childe felt a pang of disappointment and released Wanderer's shoulders. "Right... makes sense. Sorry," he said, scratching his neck awkwardly. Wanderer simply shrugged and leaned back on the bench.

"..The stars are pretty, aren't they? So many interesting constellations to see," Childe said, attempting to ease the tension.

"True. But you won't know if they're false. So why not focus on my eyes instead?" Wanderer teased.

Childe chuckled and met Wanderer's gaze. "A shade of magenta and a dark blue hue... just like the galaxy," he observed, noticing the heart shapes in the center of Wanderer's eyes. "With a heart to show the softness deeply hidden inside your chest."

"Heh... well, your eyes are like deep oceans, ready to drown me with that ridiculous spirit of yours. The dullness shows how merciless you can be, but it also shows how broken you are on the inside," Wanderer responded, a slight smirk on his lips.

Childe was taken aback but smiled, appreciating the depth of Wanderer's words. For a moment, they simply stared at each other, the unspoken understanding between them growing stronger. Though the past remained elusive, their bond in the present was undeniable.

They turned their gazes upward, watching the stars in companionable silence. The distant chatter of the city around them was easily ignored as they enjoyed each other's company.

"I should probably head back to Snezhnaya soon. The Tsaritsa might notice my absence during our group meetings," Childe sighed, feeling a bit anxious about returning.

Wanderer glanced at Childe with a flicker of upset but quickly masked it. "The Cryo Archon? Oh, right... you're a Harbinger," he said, maintaining his facade.

"Maybe one day, I can come back and see you. I can probably stay here for three more weeks," Childe said with a wide smile.

"Hmph... we'll see what we can do with that time," Wanderer replied, grinning.

Wanderer looked across the street and spotted Nahida. "..I guess it's time for me to go. See you next time," he said, standing up to leave. Childe bid his goodbye as well and got up to leave.

"So? How was it?" Nahida asked as Wanderer approached.

"You know I don't need to tell you everything, right?" Wanderer replied with a scoff.

"Well said! But I need to know how it's been going," she insisted, hands on her chest, expectant.

Wanderer groaned and placed his hands on his hips. (almost wrote his hips on his hands 😭) "It's been well... he's leaving in three weeks."

"Great work today. You've made a few friends already!" Nahida said, humming and nodding.

"I'm not a kid. You don't need to hype me up over something so simple," Wanderer retorted, crossing his arms. He then walked towards the Sanctuary of Surasthana. Nahida watched him go, her smile fading.

"..All will go according to plan. The next move will take action in the second week," she sighed, heading to the Sanctuary as well.

The following morning, Nahida cheerfully opened Wanderer's door. "Rise and shine! The sun's up!" she said with a wide smile.

"Okay? What do you want me to do, photosynthesis?? I'm not a plant!" Wanderer groaned as he sat up from his root-made bed with its woven blanket.

"Just get up, Wanderer. It's not too bad to wake up early!" Nahida insisted, approaching him.

"Ugh... whatever... I'll just go for a walk," he muttered, getting up, grabbing his hat, and leaving the Sanctuary.

As Wanderer strolled through the city, he allowed himself to get lost in his thoughts. The fresh morning air and the quiet streets gave him a rare moment of peace. He wandered aimlessly, his mind drifting back to Childe and their conversations.

He reached a small, serene park where he found a bench and sat down, watching the early risers go about their morning routines. His thoughts were interrupted when he heard a familiar voice.

"Morning, Wanderer," Nahida greeted as she approached him. "Enjoying the fresh air?"

He glanced up at her and nodded. "Yeah, just needed some time to think."

She took a seat next to him. "You know, it's okay to feel conflicted about all this. You've come a long way, and it's not easy dealing with these kinds of emotions."

Wanderer sighed, leaning back on the bench. "It's just... being around Childe stirs up memories and feelings that I thought I had buried. It's confusing."

Nahida nodded understandingly. "It's natural. You've both shared a lot, even if he doesn't remember it. Maybe these three weeks will help you both find some clarity."

Wanderer looked at her, a hint of frustration in his eyes. "What if it doesn't? What if all this effort is for nothing?"

"Then at least you'll know you tried," Nahida replied gently. "And sometimes, trying is all that matters."

Wanderer fell silent, pondering her words. He knew she was right, but it didn't make the situation any easier to accept. After a few moments, he stood up. "I should get back. I have studying to do."

Nahida smiled. "Of course. I'll see you later."

As he walked back to the Akademiya, Wanderer felt a mix of determination and uncertainty. He knew that the upcoming weeks with Childe would be crucial, and he resolved to make the most of the time they had.

_____________________________________

The next couple of weeks passed quickly. Childe and Wanderer continued to meet up, exploring the city, having deep conversations, and slowly rebuilding a connection. Childe's persistence in trying to remember their past was both endearing and frustrating for Wanderer. Despite his efforts to keep things light, Wanderer found himself opening up more and more.

One afternoon, as they were exploring the outskirts of the city, Childe turned to Wanderer with a serious expression. "I've been thinking a lot about what you've said, about us not knowing each other before. But I can't shake this feeling, Wanderer. I know there's something more between us."

Wanderer sighed, stopping to face Childe. "Why does it matter so much to you? Why can't you just accept things as they are now?"

Childe looked at him intently. "Because it feels incomplete. Like there's a part of me that's missing. And I think you hold the key to that part."

Wanderer felt a pang of guilt but tried to keep his composure. "Childe, sometimes things are better left in the past. Maybe it's best if you just move on."

Childe shook his head. "I can't. Not when I feel this strongly. Please, Wanderer, help me understand."

Wanderer took a deep breath, his resolve weakening. "Alright, Childe. I'll try to help you. But you need to be patient and trust me."

Childe's eyes lit up with hope. "I will. I promise, okay."

________________________________________

words: 1260

best 3 am of my soul guys. here's your meal! a surprise info will be put on finale chapter.