𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟻 - 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚝

a few weeks had passed, and childe is still continuing to search for scaramouche and is getting eager to find the other harbinger. he sat on the bed of an inn he had stayed in while on his search.

he felt all hopes going out of his soul, but he is never the type to give up so easily. he grits his teeth and stood up, walking out from the inn and kept on his search.

he made his way to the woods as he knows how scaramouche likes silence. as he makes his way deeper in the forest, he felt like bits of his memories are flowing away like a river.

he tries to suppress it and tries not to let go of the memories. all those memories were familiar with him once, but suddenly it became an unfamiliar memory. a distant recognition.

tears formed in his eyes as he lost his memories. he didn't know why he's crying. "..why was i.. in sumeru..?" he muttered to himself, not recalling his reasons to being in sumeru.

he get's himself together, taking a deep breath as he finally calmed down. in his mind.. is that he knew he was looking for something, or someone. he walks back to the inn he stays at to try and think through what or who he was searching for.

In the rented room where he stayed in Sumeru, Childe found himself drawn repeatedly to a smudged name in an old notebook. The name was indecipherable, smeared beyond recognition, yet its frequent appearance among detailed plans and scattered notes suggested its importance. Each time he tried to focus on it, a sense of urgency flared within him, but no specific memories surfaced.

Confused and increasingly frustrated by his lack of recollection, Childe realized that this was no ordinary lapse of memory. It felt as if something—or someone—had been deliberately erased, leaving only a void where vivid details should have been.

Determined to uncover the truth behind this erased identity, Childe ventured out into Sumeru. He approached historians, librarians, and even the mystics, hoping someone might shed light on the mysterious figure. Yet, each inquiry met with puzzled looks and denials of any knowledge. It was as if a veil had been cast over this person's existence, shielding them from the world's memory.

With conventional avenues exhausted, Childe turned to more esoteric sources. He visited the Sanctuary of Surasthana, a repository of ancient wisdom and forgotten lore. There, an old sage spoke of the Irminsul—described as a force of primal creation and oblivion capable of reshaping reality itself.

"The Irminsul holds power beyond comprehension," the sage explained in hushed tones. "It can erase beings from the very fabric of existence, wiping clean all memories of their deeds and names."

This revelation struck Childe with both awe and horror. Had the person in his notebook sought out the Irminsul, choosing to erase themselves completely from history? The thought was both heartbreaking and terrifying. Driven by a need to understand why someone would take such a drastic step, Childe resolved to trace any disturbances in the world's weave that might lead him to where the Irminsul's influence had manifested..

he paused and looks down on his hand with furrowed brows. why does he care? why does he want answers so badly? he should be better of not trying so hard on finding answers, right?

childe sighed at his thoughts. he felt oddly sad for some reason. it's really upsetting as he continued to search, only getting the same reply. he is getting sick of it. it's getting dark and he decides to go back to his rented hotel room to rest for the night and continue his search the next day.

As Childe walked back to his hotel through the dimming light of dusk, his steps echoed his troubled thoughts. Each unanswered question seemed to weigh heavier on him, dragging down his normally indomitable spirit.

The lack of progress, the repetition of fruitless inquiries—it was all becoming a cycle of frustration that offered little but returned him repeatedly to the same unanswered question: Why did he care so much?