𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟿 - 𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚢 𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜

It's only a week left for childe to stay in sumeru and he would make the last few days great by hanging out with wanderer. It was tiring and fun, he doesn't mind a bit of sweat.

currently, childe is in side the inn, spacing out in deep thought. he suddenly heard the familiar voice of the dendro archon, nahida. "thinking about something?" she said, as she steps closer towards him. "huh?.. how'd you get in?" he said in surprise as he looked at her. "that's not important now. i'm here to.. tell you something."

childe furrowed his brows. "no, tell me how'd you get in.." he said, getting up. nahida stare at childe for a bit then sighed. "this is a dream. i am here to let you know where we must meet by the time you wake up." 

"..a dream, huh. well, do tell me." he said and crossed his arms. "meet me at the mawtiyima forest. there, i will let you know the truth." she said. and before childe could reply, visions of glass breaking around them were seen and childe woke up on his bed.

he sat up and went outside right away to the mawtiyima forest. once he arrived to his destination, nahida could be seen standing there, awaiting his arrival.

"so what is this truth you speak of, lesserlord kusanali?" asked the ginger. nahida turned her gaze towards him once she heard the voice. "it's.. better to show you." she said, extending her hand which hold a capsule. though, instead of being green, it's gold. "if you may.." she added, looking up at childe. he hesitated, as if scared to find this truth.

he held out his arm and use the capsule, looking through it. and so, he found this truth. the memories coming back into his mind. kunikuzushi.. the boy's name was kunikuzushi. everything came back to childe's mind. and as well as why he was in sumeru..

once it's done, his arm dropped and he looked down at the palm of his hand as tears rolled down his cheeks. he brought the hand to his face and covered his eyes. "haha.. i see.. he ran off and start a new identity.. leaving me behind after promising to celebrate Christmas together.."

nahida watched this with a frown and let out a breath. "he's just.. been through a lot.. he did this at risk for his hope" she spoke softly and crossed her arms. "what's that then..? you've got to tell me!" he said. he was fuming yet also filled with sorrow. "that's.. for him to decide. not me.. you must ask him yourself.." nahida furrowed her brows at childe's desperation.

childe took a deep breath and rushed back to the city. reaching there, he sees wanderer sitting on a rock. he approached the smaller male, hands curled into fists. "you lied to me." wanderer froze and look at childe. "what..? what do you mean?" he replied and got down from the rock.

"i know you. you know me. we're not even strangers in the first place." wanderer was shocked at the gingers words and took a step back. "wha- no.. i-" "just cut the crap! what's so bad that you needed to start a new identity?!" childe said.

wanderer didn't know what to do in this situation.. "i.. think you've got the wrong person.." he said and look away. "no. i know who i'm talking to, k̶u̶n̶i̶ " wanderer looked down at the ground, filled with guilt. "why. that's all i'm asking. what's the reason? i can always help you though it, but you always run away and push me away."

"no, you don't understand..! i.." wanderer said as he looked into childe's eyes. " you what, k̶u̶n̶i̶. make me understand it! tell me what you hoped for by erasing yourself from existence and start anew?!" childe shouted, frustrated and completely upset.

"i was hoping my past friends would be back alive!" wanderer said as tears welled up in his eyes. childe was taken aback by this respond and his eyes widened. "they died, long ago, and i was hoping that if i never existed at that time, they'd come back." the boy wiped the tears rolling down his cheeks as he spoke.