𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟺 - 𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚛 𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎? 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚜𝚒𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚊𝚛

one last chapter before i take a break! don't attack me.
___________________________________________________

childe left his bedroom only to be greeted with silence and emptiness. not too surprising, of course. but it's too quiet. not even sound of the flipping pages of the book.

childe look around before grabbing his coat and leaving the room. he walk around and noticed three agent's chatting with each other. he went towards them to ask what's wrong.

but of course, before that, he wanted to eavesdrop a little.. he leaned against the wall, listening to their conversation.

"lord scaramouche seemed a lot more serious and pushy today.." spoke one of them, a brunette male. "yes, i've seen them too! sigh.. i'm thankful not be in the battle recruit.." replied a girl with black hair in a ponytail.

"i know right?! who would want to be yelled at like that?!.. geez.. lord scaramouche is always harsh and rude anyway.. what's the point in finding his so-called hidden side." spoke out a black haired male.

childe furrowed his brows as he stood straight and walked towards the three. he displayed his smile as he approach them.

"hey, what's with all the fuss?" childe said, stopping right in front of them. they were startled by the sudden appearance but decided to explain.

"ah, well, we had just seen lord scaramouche training the recruit. he just seemed.. uh, antagonistic, i suppose.." said the brunette with a shrug.

"uhm, excuse me? antagonistic? my, what strong words. why would that be, if i might ask?" childe said, crossing his arms and eyeing the three agents.

"that.. uh.." the three find themselves stammering, struggling to find the words to explain. "hm.. you guys sound like you're having issue speaking today.. i'll just see for myself."

childe walked away from the three as they watched at him leave. he look for where the training recruits are and eventually found them.

he noticed how determined scaramouche seemed as the boy made sure the recruit train properly without making small mistakes.

he thought about how the brunette agent describe it as 'antagonistic' and rolled his eyes. he walked to where scaramouche stood and leaned against the tree near.

"hold the sword firmly! keep your composure steady! don't lose your focus, keep it on your enemy so you'll predict their next move!" scaramouche shouted out to them with his arms crossed.

"well aren't you riled up, comrade." childe said with his everlasting sweet smile. scaramouche turned to face childe and sighed. "childe, now is not the time." scaramouche replied as he watched the recruit closely.

"hm? why is that? did something come up? it's not everyday you were told to train them." childe look at the training recruits then back at scaramouche.

"yes, those ice monsters are close to the Zapolyarny palace and these guys have to be prepared." scaramouche turn to childe, his brows furrowed.

"wait, those ice monsters again? they're getting close again?" childe's brows raised as he stood straight. scaramouche looked down, sighing then faced the recruit to watch them train.

"yeah, i do think i'm being a bit too harsh on them.." scaramouche said and childe felt like he had been bombed with hearts. "what was that scara?" childe said, smiling widely.

"uh.. ah, nothing.." scaramouche had his eyes closed as he face away from childe. the ginger however leaned closer, his breath hitting the other male's ear. "was that you being worried?~"

"i wasn't. you were hearing things." scaramouche denied it, not wanting to deal with childe's teasing. "hey, now! come on, it's not wrong to be worried!" childe said with a smile.