♡Chapter 119♡

Start from the beginning

"Girls, I'm sorry. I don't know what the heck's going on with him." Joey apologised on behalf of Jesse.

"That was really weird." DJ furrowed her eyebrows.

Poppy nodded in agreement. "It really was..."

"Yeah, I thought your driveway went great with your curb." Kimmy brightly smiled.

<~~~~~~~~>

Later on.

Joey, DJ and Poppy walk in the kitchen where they see Becky, Danny, Michelle and Stephanie.

"Hey, have you guys seen Jess?" Joey asked the others

"He's been acting so strange." Poppy claimed.

"He just backed out of our stay-in-school campaign with some weird excuse about having to paint the driveway." DJ added on.

"Actually, it's not a bad idea. It never did match the curb." Danny commented.

"Something's going on. The minute we mentioned what the campaign was for he got all weird and started making up excuses to leave the room." Poppy huffed, taking a seat on the kitchen counter.

Danny turned to his niece. "Poppy, I just cleaned the counter, would you please get down?"

Poppy rolled her eyes. "Uncle D, take a chill pill."

Becky spoke up, stopping Danny and Poppy from their bickering. "I can't believe that Jesse won't help." The woman bit her lip, trying to understand why her husband wouldn't help DJ and Poppy with their campaign.

Jesse then came up from the studio. "Hey, everybody." The man took a seat at the kitchen table. As Jesse looked up, he noticed his family staring at him. "We gonna eat or what?"

"Well, honey, we're just concerned. It would mean a lot to DJ and Poppy if you helped with their stay-in-school project." Becky tried to convince Jesse.

Jesse scoffed, standing up. "What's the matter with you people? I told you I'm busy. If I'm busy, I'm busy. That's all." Jesse quickly got defensive.

Jesse went to go back down to the studio, but Joey stood in the front of the steps, blocking Jesse's path. "Painting the driveway?" The Gladstone man raised his eyebrows in disbelief.

"Got something against home improvement?" Jesse snapped.

Jesse then went to head upstairs, but Danny blocked the stairs. "You know, it really is a good cause."

"I'm sure it is." Jesse mumbled, making his way over to the other side of the kitchen where another exit was, but Stephanie and Michelle quickly got in the way.

"There's gotta be a way outta here." Jesse huffed, starting to get very annoyed. Jesse rushed to the door which lead to the living room, but DJ and Poppy quickly ran over and stood in the way.

"Uncle Jesse, you know at my school one kid drops out every week." DJ reminds her uncle.

"Yeah, dad. And if you don't want me to be one of them kids then you'll help." Poppy placed her hands on her hips.

"Look, go talk to the kids who drop-out and stop bugging me about it." Jesse complained. "And Poppy, you're not dropping out of school." Jesse sternly added on.