V3 Chapter 1: Island Exam- Shiro

It was now day 3 on our cruise, however, what others failed to realize was that we had been circling an island quite a bit. I guess it's starting soon I took a sip of my black coffee. 

As I observed the trio seated in front of me, I couldn't help but find the situation intriguing. "It's quite an unusual gathering we have here," I remarked, taking a sip of my black coffee.

Nakanishi offered a casual shrug. "Himeno and I are roommates, and when I mentioned I was meeting you, she wanted to tag along."

Yuki chimed in, acknowledging our past interactions. "Kiyotaka and I haven't had much chance to catch up lately. He's one of the few I can actually get along with"

Moriyama, wearing a sheepish grin, added his explanation. "I haven't been out much lately, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to join. Apologies for the sudden intrusion, Ayanokoji-kun."

 "Also, I don't get why people are patronizing you, even if you're the Vice President. You're still only human," Yuki remarked.

"Human.." I found myself musing quietly

Nakanishi's nod of agreement was accompanied by a hint of disgust in her tone. "Agreed. If they had a problem, they should've addressed it themselves. Hypocrites."

Moriyama, with a thoughtful expression, raised an important point. "I take no sides, but isn't the Vice President supposed to be a pillar or a leader?"

I nodded in acknowledgment. "Indeed, I am. I was just caught off guard. Something got the better of me."

We were then suddenly interrupted by the announcement: "Attention all students, please change into your gym uniforms and make your way..."

********

Reality had just hit every student. What they thought would be a two-week summer vacation had now been revealed: we would have to survive on the island for 7 days and try to gain or conserve as many points as we could, in order to convert them to class points.

We all started with 300 points, but due to some absences, many classes had already lost points. Class A lost 30 points due to Sakayanagi's absence, we lost 30 points due to Amikura's injury, and Class C lost 60 points because of Sudo and Yamauchi's suspension. So basically, Class D had a significant advantage over us.

As we searched for a camp spot, Honami and Ryuji took the lead, while I stayed at the back, observing the environment and keeping an eye on Bakugo. Bakugo and Shohei managed to stay for the exam due to my, Ryuen's, and Amikura's interference.

It seemed that my reputation wasn't immediately tarnished. Only those from Class C and D despised me, and Sō and I were back to square one.

**3rd POV**

"Ugh, even now Sudo-kun and Yamauchi-kun are still being a hindrance!" Shinohara's frustration reverberated through the group, her voice laced with irritation.

She glanced around, venting her annoyance to the uncaring trees and the indifferent sky. Koenji, as per his deal with Matsushita, had taken off on his own to scout. Class C didn't face too many difficulties or arguments since they were aware that a considerable amount of expulsions were on the line to be exact 6 people. Meanwhile, Oreki and Horikita trailed behind, their steps measured and their expressions unreadable, creating a palpable distance from the rest of the class.

"Hey, you two! Quit acting all emo and keep up!" Ike's voice cut through the tension, a mix of impatience and exasperation.

Horikita's lip curled in disdain. "Since when did that incompetent worm become like this?"