Chapter 9: First

If this gets 45 votes I'll do another route vote for the story

As the week progressed, Friday arrived, marking our weekly council meeting that every member had to attend. After school, Ichinose and I made our way to the council room, stopping by to pick up Nishino and Karuizawa on the journey.

"I'm kind of nervous about our first meeting," Nishino admitted, laughing nervously.

"Don't worry, everyone in the council is super nice and welcoming," Ichinose reassured her with a warm smile. "Has Horikita-senpai been informed about the recruits?"

"No, I only mentioned to him that I found recruits."

"Ah, great," Karuizawa mumbled.

"Relax, it's just as Ichinose said – everyone is welcoming," I assured her.

"Hirata mentioned that your soccer team has its first tournament this weekend," Karuizawa chimed in.

So despite them dating they aren't on a first-name basis huh

"Yeah, Ichinose and I were just discussing it. We leave tonight, and we have two games tomorrow, possibly one on Sunday."

"Soccer too, Ayanokoji-kun? I thought you couldn't do both?" Nishino joined in.

"Well, it seems Horikita made an exception for me, just like with Nagumo."

"Wow, that's impressive," Nishino said with admiration.

"Good luck in your tournament," Karuizawa added, offering a smile.

"Thanks, I'll do my best," I replied as we continued walking.

As we reached the council room, I opened the door and held it for the others to enter. The room was filled with a mixture of students from different grades, each engrossed in their conversations.

It seemed we were the last to arrive. After what Asahina-senpai had told me, I couldn't help but send a glare in Wako's direction. The seating arrangements were as follows: Horikita at the head of the table, Tachibana by his side, Nagumo to his left. All the second years were on his side, with Asahina-senpai, Kiriyama, Nozomi-senpai, Shinmura-senpai, and Wako being at the end. On Horikita's right side were the first years and me, making a total of 12 student council members.

"Before we start, I'd like each of you to give short introductions. Nagumo can start."

Nagumo stood up with a charismatic smile, "Of course, senpai. Hello, first-years! I am the First Vice President, Miyabi Nagumo, class 2A. Hope we can all get along." His emphasis on "first" didn't go unnoticed, and a faint smirk played on his lips as he sat back down.

Next was Asahina-senpai, her usual lively self now replaced by forced cheerfulness, "Yahoo everyone! Secretary Nazuna Asahina, class 2A. Can't wait to be friends with you all!" I could sense an undertone of unease in her voice, contrary to her outwardly friendly expression.

"Ikuto Kiriyama, Treasurer, class 2B," Kiriyama said in a calm tone, giving a brief nod of acknowledgment.

Nozomi-senpai followed, "Hey, freshies! I'm Koharu Nozomi, class 2A. I plan the events and fundraisers." She delivered her message with a confident smile, her eyes scanning the room, assessing the reactions of the newcomers.

" She delivered her message with a confident smile, her eyes scanning the room, assessing the reactions of the newcomers