Chapter 8: Confrontation

(Volume 1 has 2 more chapters left and starting now I will include some pictures relating to the chapter much like Cote, if I can find some)

(I also added more OCs however they're upperclassmen cause Cote lacks a good bit so check them out in Notes #2)

The next day, after my gym session and reflecting on yesterday's encounters, I made a decision. I wanted to join the student council. Witnessing others taking opportunities to bring about change inspired me, so I decided to leave earlier than usual to talk to Horikita and express my interest.

Upon entering the school, I headed towards the council office. I knocked, and after a moment, I heard someone say, "Come in."

"Ah, Ayanokoji, what brings you here," Horikita said, standing up and looking over some papers.

I closed the door and walked closer. "I've considered your offer, and I want to join."

A subtle smile appeared on Horikita's face, and his demeanor became more focused. "That's excellent news. What influenced your decision?" he inquired, placing his papers down.

"Evolution, to be precise. Observing the proactive stance of my peers has inspired me to embrace new responsibilities."

"I'm pleased to hear that you've chosen to contribute. I assume you're interested in the role of 2nd VP?"

"Yes, if that's still open."

"Of course, but you'll need a secretary, and I already have your first assignment in mind."

"What is it?"

"Recruitment. As you're well aware, our current freshman representation is limited being one. We rely on you to enlist two more members."

"You trust me with that?"

"I have confidence in your judgment. Your pragmatic approach aligns seamlessly with mine and having spent a month within our academic community, you likely possess a nuanced understanding of our student body."

"Do they need to be freshmen?"

"Not necessarily, but I would prefer it."

"Got it."

"I also anticipate the completion of this task by Friday."

"Yes, sir."

Horikita then walked toward me and extended his hand out. "Welcome to the team, Vice President Ayanokoji. I anticipate notable achievements from you."

"Thank you, President."

After bowing, I left the office with the task of recruiting two more students for the student council. Having been here for a month, no one particularly stood out to me for the role. However, a few potential candidates came to mind—Ryuji, Chiaki, Karuizawa, or possibly even Horikita. This was going to be a challenging task. While Chiaki seemed like an ideal choice, she had recently taken up the role of class leader, and I didn't want to burden her too much.

I decided to start with Karuizawa. I pulled out my phone and sent her a message, asking if we could meet up. We had about 30 minutes until school started, and almost instantly, she replied, agreeing to meet at Pallet Cafe.

Upon entering, I noticed Karuizawa already sitting, and she waved at me. I waved back and went to order a drink before joining her.

"This is unusual for you, Ayanokoji," she said as she sipped her drink.

I sat down with my black coffee. "It is, but I have a proposal for you."

"Oh, sounds interesting. Tell me about it."