V2 Chapter 5: Proposals

"Here are the class ranking results after the Midterms," Hoshinomiya-sensei said as she unrolled the seat of paper

Class A- 972 pts (+90 pts = 1062 pts)

Class B- 900 pts (+85 pts = 985 pts)

Class C- 472 points (-150 + 60 pts= 382 pts)

Class D- 350 points (+220 pts = 570 pts)

"You guys should be proud of your class average for the midterm being 85%, We're making great progress, and we're just a step away from catching up to Class A. Keep up the excellent work!"

As expected, Ryuen made his move on Chiaki about a day after the midterm. His attempt to frame Chiaki's classmate failed, however, which came as no surprise. Instead of dragging it to trial, where expulsion loomed as the consequence for wasting time and lying, Chiaki negotiated a contract to resolve the issue in exchange for 150 class points.

"Even though he failed, I expected it. I'll just have to be patient," I mused silently to myself.

"Before I give you guys free time, I would like to tell you something exciting! This Saturday, we're embarking on a two-week cruise for our vacation!" Hoshinomiya-sensei announced with a bright smile before leaving the classroom.

Ryuji turned to me, concern evident in his eyes. "Will you even be able to go?"

"Not sure. My trial is next Monday," I replied evenly.

Amikura leaned in, her voice filled with sympathy. "That's really unfair, Ayanokoji-kun. I feel bad that you'll be left out."

Thankfully after the midterms, Amikura started talking to me again and we were able to clear the awkwardness 

"Well, he might get expelled, so..." Ryuji trailed off, the implication hanging in the air.

"I appreciate your concern, but let's not dwell on it for now," I said, trying to steer the conversation away from my impending trial. "Saturday is in 2 days. Let's focus on making the most of our classes until then."

Ryuji nodded, understanding the need to shift the focus. "You're right. We can't let it affect our performance."

Amikura gave a small smile. "Okay, let's do our best until then."

After talking for a bit, Chabashira-sensei came in to teach and history, she took a glance at me before she started. After another lesson it was time for lunch. Now I will finally bury this mess. 

"Hey Ayanokoji-san, do you want to eat lunch together?" Nakanishi asked 

I got up from my seat, "Sorry can't today" 

"Oh.. okay" she said 

Her disappointment was palpable, but she accepted my response with a resigned nod. I could sense her curiosity about the contents of the paper I held, but I made a swift exit before she or anyone else could inquire further.

I was making my way to the student council, everything may have not gone as planned but I was able to drag Oreki out and see the extent of his skill. Once I reached the room I opened the door without hesitation not bothering to knock. Everyone present looked up from their paperwork and gave me a curious look

Horikita's voice cut through the silence, his tone betraying a hint of surprise at my unexpected appearance.

"Ayanokoji, what are you doing here?" he inquired, his gaze probing.

Nagumo, never one to miss an opportunity for a jab, chimed in with a smirk, "I believe he forgot how long he was suspended for."

Ignoring his taunt, I addressed the room with a calm yet assertive tone, "Could you all give Horikita, Nagumo, and me the room?"