// ten //

The world sped up after that. 

Some arguing. 

Della passed out. 

Some more arguing. 

Elwin had Alvar take his mom to a guest room to rest. 

Elwin squeezed Adora hand and the world reeled back in, her responsibilities dangling on the end of the fishing hook. Adora blinked and the world slowed down again. 

"100, 97, 94, 91..." Adora calmed herself down, brewing a sedative for Fitz. Adora looked at the low stock of medical supplies. Adora turned to Fitz. "Your turn." 

"I'm fine!" Fitz tried sitting up but laid back down, too weak. "I need to talk to Biana—"

Sophie piped up. "I can talk to—"

"You've done enough!" Fitz yelled. Tears fell out of his eyes. 

Adora narrowed her eyes. "This is not Sophie's fault."

"It isnt." Elwin insisted, handing a mood stabiliser to Sophie. 

Adora crouched down next to Fitz, a stern look on her face. "Look, I get youre upset and grieving but you need to calm down before you say something you'll regret." 

"I won't regret them." 

"Fine then." Adora shoved the vial in front of him. "Either you drink this, or I'm shoving it down your throat." 

Fitz contemplated for a moment before realising that Adora was serious, popping open the vial and swallowing it's contents. His head lolled back. 

Adora sighed, wrapping his arms around her neck and hoisting him on her back like a sack of potatoes. "I'm gonna find a bed to put him on, talk to Biana and see how Della's doing. I'll also see if they have any Axolotl webbings lying around." 

Adora carried Fitz up the stairs. "I really need to work out more," She finally found his room, practically throwing him onto his bed. 

Adora sighed, sitting down on the floor. She had to break the news to Biana. Begging her eyes not to tear up, Adora took deep breaths. 

This was the start of a shit show. 

Adora had let Sophie tell their parents she would be staying at Everglen longer. 

She sat Biana down in the gardens, telling her about her dad gently. 

Two girls, sitting in a field of flowers and crying. 

Tear tracks on their cheeks dried as Biana curled herself into a ball. 

Adora just comforted her, letting silence fill the air. Many hours passed until Biana spoke up again. 

"I didn't know it was this bad..." She mumbled, biting her lip. 

"Not many elves do." 

Biana hesitated a second before whispering again. "Will it get better?" 

Adora thinks a bit before answering. "A little. It'll be easier to ignore, the more time goes on. But it will hurt the same."

Raindrops began to fall on the estate. A pathetic fallacy clouded over. 

Biana cleared her throat, looking to the closed gates of Everglen. "What will they think?"