// twenty five//

A few weeks had past and after what seemed like forever, Adora and Sophie went to play base quest at Everglen. 

Sophie had been so burnt out the last few weeks and Adora could tell. 

Adora spent her time as the therapist friend. Everynight, she made Sophie ramble to her about what stressed her out. Adora didn't give advice, she didn't talk, Adora didn't ask to see Sophies memory log, she just let Sophie rant. Sophie appreciated her so much for this. 

It stayed like for a month and Sophie didn't take on any new challenges until....

"Final Exams" 

Adora was stressed to say the least. She hadn't manifested an ability. Even Dex was stressed but at least all he had to do was pass his classes. Adora had to pass her classes and face all the councillors. What if they thought that she wasn't good enough to stay at Foxfire? 

Sophie was drinking a bottle of what Dex called "Noggin' Ease" which is supposed to relax someone and cleat their mind. 

Sophie was about to start walking to the changing rooms with Sophie when Sophie suddenly leaned against the lockers. "I don't think its working right..." 

"You don't look so great." Dex rushed to her side, finally catching Adora's attention. 

"I don't feel so great." She closed her eyes. She struggled to unclasp her cape, Dex did it for her. He handed it to Adora who was immediately crotched down to Sophie. 

"Whats wrong?" Adora asked, watching her friend become more and more pale as time went on. She eyes practically started watering. It seemed serious...

"I don't know... my skins on fire." Sophie tugged at her vest. 

"Woah... what are those?" Adores eyes shot from Sophies face to where Dex was pointing. Angry reed bumps popped up on Sophies arm. 

"Oh no, Allergy.." With that Sophie started collapsing. Dex caught her before she hit the ground. "Allergy? What's an allergy?"

Adora felt like a five year old again. Same emotions, same state of helplessness. 

"Hang on I'll take yo to Elwin." Dex threw Sophie on his shoulder and started running. 

Adora felt frozen until she saw Fitz approaching and seeing Sophie. Adora started running as fast as she could. 

Sophie felt dizzy. The world was getting darker and darker. She felt someone else grab her, cradling her in their arms. She heard brief moments of a discussion--an argument maybe before she felt a strong force burst through and suddenly she was in someone else hands. She was moving much much faster and she heard two pairs of rapid footsteps behind her but Sophie was too far gone to make sense of it. The last thing she processed was hearing Adora's ragged breathing. There was a tugging in her stomach and a burning in her throat. 

Sophie was out cold. 

____

Adora watched as Elwin nursed Sophie back to life. 

"--Things go too messy for spectators and Adora only here because I think she would've killed me if I hadn't."

Elwin and Sophie kept talking.

"Oh no." Sophie wailed as she heard the news about throwing up on Fitz. 

"Whats the matter? Are you in pain?" 

"No..." 

Adora walked closer to her. Sophie noticed a purple bruise forming on Adora's shoulder. "Please, you nearly died. I think it's excusable." Sophie smiled at Adora, who smiled back, clearly relieved.