// thirty//

Adora had woken up without Sophie next to her. Maybe Sophie was in the bathroom or was simply downstairs, whichever Adora didn't question it too much.

She slipped on her school uniform and took out her curlers. She brushed them out a little bit before a giant screech filled the air.

Adora snapped her head up and rushed to put on slippers.

The pastures had a lot of yells from animals and usually Adora didn't think much of it. But this time was different.

She briefly glanced at Edaline who was also rushing down the stairs and the two of them raced down to the field where they found a strange scene

Grady was scolding Sophie, Gildie was burned which was weird considering that she lived in fire, Sophie had soot all over her face and a small bottle.

Grady ushered Sophie inside and Edaline raced out to heal Gildie.

"What is happening! Sophie, what did you do?" Adora followed Grady where he sat her down on the couch.

Sophie raised a small bottle filled with tiny yellow beads that were sparking around. "Sophie, you didn't." Sophie just nodded.

"What were you thinking?" Grady demanded.

He had already hailed Alden and Elwin.

"Do you have any idea how much trouble you're in?" Grady ran his fingers through his hair.

"Sophie, I thought we had some sort of like mutual unspoken agreement that if we do something illegal, we do it together!" Adora looked at Sophie, her hands waving around.

"Adora!"

Adora spun around to face Grady. "What? Literally, what?" She stared at him. Grady stared silent before she spun back to Sophie. "You could have woken me up! You know that you don't even have to explain anything to me, I would've followed you anyways!"

Sophie nodded. "There wasn't any time."

Adora sat next to Sophie and gingerly touched one of Sophie's burns. The skin...when she touched it—no, her eyes must be playing tricks on her...It just... It looked like it healed...just a little....

Adora stood up. 

"We have all the time in the world, Sophie!" Adora looked around. "Promise me that the next time you do something like this, you do it with me."

"I promise."

Alden and Elwin bust through the door.

"You promised!" Alden sounded so angry. "Just this morning, you promised!"

"You talked to Alden this morning?"

"I can explain." Sophie defended.

"Oh, you'd better—though I'm not sure it will help at this point." Alden looked hopeless. "Bronte's calling for a tribunal."

Elwin sat down next to Sophie. "Let's treat those burns shall we?" Elwin flashed the light around her arms. "These arent so bad. I won't even have to use yeti pee balm."

"Yeti pee?" Sophie gagged.

"Takes the sting out of the most severe burn. You're welcome." He spread a think purple balm onto all her burns. "Any others?" When Sophie shook her head, he gave her some bottle of youth's and two medicine bottles. "Drink up. This'll fix any damage the smoke did to your lungs."

Sophie followed his instructions as Elwin wiped off the balm off her arms with a wet towel that Adora gave him. The burns were back to being healthy skin. "Thanks Elwin."