//thirty two//

Adora was hungry.

Among other things such as hurt, traumatized and worried, it was probably not the one to dwell upon at the moment.

For once in this whole ordeal, she actually stayed within the deep darkness for a while. But it felt like too long and not long enough all the same.

Her eyes fluttered open to reveal the dark fabric of her blindfold. She lifted herself off the floor and leaned on the wall. She dusted off the rocks that had molded themselves to her cheek.

She brought her hands—which we heavily weighed down from the bonds—across her mouth after realizing she couldn't open it.

Her mouth was hastily taped shut with duct tape. She couldn't even be bothered to try and escape. What help would it bring? She can't escape nor does she want to make small talk with the kidnappers.

She tried stretching a bit, her whole body felt sore. Her head hit something. She whimpered in response. She dragged her hand to it. Wood?

Oh, the other wooden chair. Adora realized.

She lifted her arms in an attempt to take off her blindfold but the moment her fingers touched the blindfold, they were forcibly grabbed.

She squeaked.

"Are you trying something?" The voice asked. "Just make all our lives easier and stop it." He then moved away, still holding her arms. "Guys! She's awake! I told you these stupid chains were too long."

"How were we supposed to know?" They argued back. "Just leave her! She can't do anything anyways"

"Oh my god." He threw Adora's arms back down. "She can take off her blindfold and the tape, you idiots!"

She heard footsteps and then felt her blindfold tugged tighter. "Listen here girlie,you take off this blindfold and you won't see the light of day again. Got that? Neither will your stupid little friends."

Adora felt goosebumps cover her arms. She almost forgot that Sophie and Dex were there. Was one of them in the chair?

Minutes ticked by. She wasn't sure how many but by the time her captors talked about something important, she had already calmed down and all the grogginess from getting knocked out had left her head.

"I have news!" One of them ran in. She hadn't even noticed they left.

Adora's attention quickly drew to the chair next to her. She felt the person in it stir. She perked up a bit.

"They ordered a search and rescue. They believed the tidal wave." The what?

"Staging suicide would've been better!" Someone else hissed.

"Oh please. It would be difficult enough getting one suicide to be believable. Let alone three!" Someone else argued.

"I know, the boy is an unfortunate complication."

"Two is plenty."

"What are you gonna do with him?"

"We're not here to answer your questions!" Adora tried to be very still. This person had been the one to threaten her and tighten her blindfold. "Just do your job and wash the girl's recent memories!"

Please.

Adora could feel her mind sharpen at Sophie's voice.

My name is Sophie Foster. If anyone can hear me, please send help.

'I am clearly not the target audience.' Adora thought as she slumped back down. 'But I wish I was. At least then I'd be able to do something.'

Adora heard the person in her chair relax again. I think it's Sophie... Adora concluded.