// twenty eight //

They all took a moment to process the words. Adora stood up, holding the letter. Sophie had sank down and closed her eyes. 

Adora eyes filled with tears and she let out a choked sob before she waved her hands in a less than graceful manner and the letter formed back into its original, pre-Iggy form. 

Just as she was doing that, Grady and Edaline had returned. 

Sophie quickly stood up with Adora and wiped her eyes. 

"What's wrong?" Grady asked. 

Adora blinked back the tears and just gave her best kind smile. If you couldn't see the tear streaks, you would've assumed everything was fine and dandy. "Sorry, a messenger brought a scroll from Eternalia but Ivy ripped it."  She handed the un-opened scroll to Grady. "I fixed it." 

Grady gasped. Sophie gripped onto Adora's wrist and they went running upstairs.

"Sophie! Adora!" 

Sophie slammed the door and Adora gave her a chair for extra protection. Sophie dragged it under the door handle. 

Grady pounded his fists on the door, begging to be let inside the room but they ignored him. 

Sophie and Adora used all their might to push their extremely heavy beds together and they sat on their sides. Adora blankly stared at a wall, combing her hair in an almost psychotic  manner and Sophie sobbed into Ella. 

Eventually the knocking stopped. 

After a few minutes, Sophie looked at Adora. "You can cry." 

With those words, Adora broke into tears. Sophie shuffled over and hugged her. 

"Really?" She squeaked in reference to the letter. "But-but..." She began hyperventilating.

Sophie cried with her before they closed the shades, tear streaked eyes and got ready for bed. 

Sophie cried herself to sleep while Adora didn't sleep at all. She stayed completely awake and soothed Sophie back to sleep when she awoke from nightmares. 

Sophie woke up to Adora rapidly pacing around. 

Their room was ridiculously clean. Sophie has seen this before. When Adora's parents had gone through with their divorce, Adora took up cleaning as a coping mechanism. 'If I can't fix my life I will fix everything else.' She recalls her saying. Sophie used to deliberately mess up her room so that Adora could clean it. 

Adora had already gotten ready. Her hair was half up, going from Dutch braids in the front to little pigtails in the back. If she couldn't change her trauma, she'd change her appearance. It was the first time that Adora dyed her hair pink. After a while, she went from bleaching her hair to dye it pink to then just putting the pink dye over her natural hair. Sophie saw that she freshened up the roots. 

Adora's eyes were incredibly swollen. "Well somethings, I can't fix! I'm not superman!" 

Sophie's uniform was left laid out on Adora's bed for Sophie. Sophie got changed and ripped out the Ruewen crest. When seeing Sophie did it, Adora carefully took hers off and sewed it to that it looked normal. Adora also painted Sophi's eyelashes with her growth serum. If she's going to pull out eyelashes, she's going to suffer through the unwanted Sophie-care. 

Sophie and Adora tried racing to the Leapmaster but Grady and Edaline were already waiting. 

"Foxfire!" Sophie yelled at the crystals.

 Adora instead put on a smile and pretended nothing was wrong. "Foxfire." She said politely. 

"I locked it down." Grady explained. Edaline stared at the blank spaced on their capes. "We really need to talk about this."