// two //

"STOP!" Sophie screamed, dark loaded her vision but Sandor pulled her back. 

"Who goes there?!" Sandor demanded. 

"I don't answer to you, Goblin." A dry, snobby voice replied. 

Sandor drew a handful of throwing stars. "You have three seconds to identify yourselves or I will use these—and I assure you, my aim is flawless." 

"What is going on here?" Grady shouted as he ran over behind them. He squinted. "Vika? Timkin? Is that you?" 

One of the figures swiped their hood down and flipped their hair. "Who else would it be?" 

It wasn't...them... 

"Sorry, we're a bit high strung." Adora apologised, bowing her head a little. 

But in Sophie's opinion, the Hekes were almost just as bad. Especially since she knew who the third figure was before she could even sweep her hood back revealing the masses of frizzy brown curls. 

"Stina," Sophie grumbled, glaring at the girl who had consistently made her life miserable at school. "What are you doing here?" 

Stina tugged on Silveny's harness. "We're here to collect the alicorn so it can be properly rehabilitated." She sneered. 

"I wasn't aware that had been decided," Grady said, tightening his grip of Sophie's shoulder as she tried to step forward. 

"Please, you didn't think they'd have you rehabilitate the alicorn, did you?" Timkin jerked Silveny's reigns towards him. "A noble creature deserves a noble trainer." 

Grady cocked his head. "Last I heard, your wife was the only on appointed to the nobility." He corrected. "And only as a Regent, not an Emissary." 

"Give it time." Timkin growled. He yanked on her reign again, he wrenched Silveny's neck by accident. 

"You're hurting her!" Sophie screamed, lunging towards the enclosure. Sandor blocked her. 

"We're doing nothing of the sort!" Vika snapped. 

Silveny disagreed, attempting to spread to wings to get them away. 

"I can feel her pain." Sophie insisted. 

"And I have eyes." Adora added. 

Stina let out her high squeaky cackle. "Last time I checked, empathy wasn't an ability that your creators gave you." 

"And the last time I checked, you haven't manifested an ability at all." Sophie shot back, sending Adora a sympathetic look that Adora waved off. "And I don't have to be an empath. I feel her emotions through my mind." 

Timkin snorted. "Impossible." 

A crisp accent filled the air. "If it was anyone else, I'd agree with you." Alden poofed into the light.  "But you're forgetting how remarkable Sophie is." 

Four figures stood by Sophie. A girl with long dark hair and on Alden's other side stood two teenage boys. One with impossibly teal eyes and the other with disheveled blond hair. 

Biana and Fitz looked at Silveny in wonder. 

Keefe grinned at Sophie. "Yeah, Foster's always doing some crazy things nobody can understand. It's how she keeps her sense of mystery." 

"Lord Alden." Timkin lowered his head in a dramatic bow. "An honour as always." 

"No need for ceremony, Timkin."Alden turned to Grady. "I'm sorry to be late. I'd hoped to get here before the Hekses arrived but Fitz, Keefe and Biana insisted on seeing the long lost alicorn and someone needed time to fox their hair."