Distance

Izuku's POV

I sat on the rooftop of UA, the wind blew my hair as my eyes were empty, I wasn't contemplating, reflecting, the opposite actually, I was trying not to think, not even if she was okay, if I thought about that. I might slit my neck open. I covered my mouth as I coughed while I shut my eyes until I felt a familiar presence behind me. " WHAT'S WRONG, YOUNG MIDORIYA!" Togata shouted from behind. He walked towards the edge of the rooftop where I sat comfortably like a gargoyle. "Like my imitation?"

"Huh?" I said in a calm tone, a bit distracted, turning to see Togata behind me, the wind blew his casual shirt, a red one from a Christmas store he took Eri to. He looked at me with a smile on his lips, smaller and more serene than usual. "Oh, hey Togata." I greeted, his expression, normal, but he didn't muster a smile as big as usual.

"I'll say the truth, Hado told me the entire situation, I wanted you to have more time to think about answers before I brought questions but honestly I was tired about asking how was my favourite first-year was doing from everyone but him himself." I mustered up a smile for that. "I'm alright, I just need to figure something out, thanks for worrying." Togata's words were empty and lacking promise, but still held some weight and strength from his genuine worry.

He sat beside me, admiring the view too, a few moments past, Togata turned to me, yet I talked first. "I'm tired of being so selfish, I keep holding unto her but she can't even have three conversations with me and this point without a life threat... I wanted to love and protect her. Not this...." I said before coughing. "Midoriya?" He called out when the coughing didn't seize, the pain didn't let me be able to cover his mouth anymore, revealing the blood on my palm as I gasped for air.

"Midoriya!" He called out to me....I

xXx

Third person's POV

Ochaco sat up in the bed while Recovery girl continued talking. "What exactly does that liquid do?" She asked, "It's no poison, at least it is just technically but it seems to be what the copy made....." "So it's Kurayami's drug?" Recovery girl shook her head, "Not quite, you see, remember the mist he used when he fought his friend?" Ochaco nodded. "It seems that you two were the only ones to have inhaled it, normally that's not a problem but you took too much, it seems the boy breathed in the gas but you took it in a different way...."

"Then what exactly is in my neck?" Ochaco asked. "It seems it's his blood." Ochaco was a bit confused at that. "So he can control our body system, even decide if we stop breathing? Which of our organs work?" "He can, whatever he put in you, it's like a virus, it mutates before your system can get rid of it," Ochaco sighed, "It's just a bit strange, I didn't see any cuts or anything on him, where could he have gotten it without me seeing it? It must have been fresh to be so fluid"

"It can't be from his regular bloodstream, it was too concentrated, it's almost as if he's-"

She was interrupted when someone burst through the door. "We have a problem!!"