I'm Really Hopeless

Shoto and Amaya jumped out of hiding to meet with Ochaco, they were worried since Desire's just as smart as Izuku so he'd probably notice them eventually if they were close enough and by them, they meant Amaya, who was making loud clicking noises by fixing the strange gun with a syringe.

Shoto carried Bakugo towards them as Ochaco looked up at her most angered classmate, who looked emotionless at the two of them but his eyes were somehow filled with relief while Ochaco's were filled with mostly painful regret.

Izuku somehow looked more peaceful than he had in the past two weeks (A/N, plus the week and a few days that she was kidnapped).

Ochaco looked at the three of them "I'm so sorry about this," "Aren't you technically the victims?" Bakugo asked. "You shouldn't be apologizing." Shoto added, she nodded then looked at the almond shaped eyed woman who rolled up Izuku's sleeve, seeing the wound caused by the syringe she used to give him Desire in the first place, her hand must have slipped and made the cut deeper.

'It healed' she sighed "Ochaco looked at her and she also looked up at the brunette "I have so many questions" Amaya tilted her head slightly "W-Why aren't you in jail?" "Well, first of all it was my second half who was conscious, second, she got evidence from the league about a disgraceful mimic of Chisaki's drug but that doesn't matter now, it's a far drive to your school, you should start going," Ochaco looked back at Izuku then looked tense when she noticed a small syringe injected in his neck and Amaya's empty gun.

'That's why he passed out?! " Amaya removed the syringe," Is that going to help with Desire, Amaya sighed "No, but technically, well, no" she said "I made it but watching that fight I discovered that his copy takes a whole lot of his brain now. I thought that he was still little but now... This seems so much more... Different".

"What do you mean?" "Now, they're split personalities, I'm afraid there's no solution to this, erasing part of him is erasing part of Midoriya, a very, very huge part" "So if you used the drug?" "He'd go stupid" 'Huh?!'.

Ochaco sighed, she promised him she'd be there for him, she wondered how their classmates would take this, could things really be the same after all that had happened?

××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Izuku looked around in the forest around him, "I'm really back here, wait is he in control, wait, no, this has a different feel to it, like I'm asleep wondering if I'm dreaming, Desire taking control does still have the same feel but somehow different". It was weird how somehow with all his muttering he had a colossal lack of skill for describing these things.

"Wait, then I passed out?" he wondered while looking around, not seeing Desire anywhere.

You really are hopeless" the copy's voice called out before appearing before him "I don't care what you-" the copy scoffed "So you really think this will work for you, huh? You act like a victim while you maliciously try to end her life, she might have been sweet by telling you that you suffered yourself but think about it... " Izuku's chest felt tightened, like a feeling of bracing for impact.

"She wanted to tell you how much she felt bad for putting this 'burden' on you but you selfishly told her that she shouldn't be near you" Izuku's eyes widened "I-" "You saw her tears, she was suffering to, even before the quirk hit you, she kept it all inside but what did you do? You tried to get her out of your room. Am I... Wrong? "

"You said you didn't want to hurt her, too bad you were doing it way before all this all happened." the mental images flashed in Izuku's head, she said it herself, she liked him too, he remembered all the times she could have felt jealous, especially at the provisional hero licensing exam, the time with Hatsume, she was also keeping it in but when she saw him suffering she shook it away at least for the final time, but he didn't even notice her.

The tightening in his chest quickly turned into an excruciating pain, he grunted before falling on his knees "Face it, you're not worth their forgiveness, and you know how much you want her to be only yours but you'll never have her again if you don't make sure of that".

He looked up at the copy's dark eyes, remembering what he could only mean, the pain increased when he saw himself one top of her again, his vision became blurry then the only thing that was clear was the smile on her face. "Y-You wouldn't to this... E-Even if you wanted to" "No" he slowly stood up while still shaking "What?" the copy was a little shocked, he finally had Izuku down again, so seeing him back so easily confused him.

"Izuku, we're the same person, I know how you want her to be yours, I know even Ochaco's mask wasn't has strong as yours, always pretending you didn't crave her, even though you were more focused on being a hero, you can't deny this wasn't building up and now I've amplified it, I'm surprised you can still take it, not having her all to yourself, unable to leave you even she wanted to".

"Accept it, you can't overcome your desires but you can overcome your denial once the temptation is strong enough," "I don't care if it's only putting you back and making it worse, I can't let you hurt her and I don't care what you say, I'll won't lose to you if it's their freaking lives in the line!".

"Don't be stupid! Look at all the scars and pain you've caused them." Desire made him relive everything again, Toru's scream, him hurting Ochaco before fighting Bakugo, Bakugo's almost lifeless body, Tenya's hurt look, his head hurt, everything was spinning.

"Let's support each other as we go on." he saw her smile flash before his eyes. Izuku's eyes widened as he smiled only to Desire's surprise. "How I've really lost it, I lost it good" he laughed to himself. "You're right but I only need to overcome one denial, the denial that you aren't a part of me. I've only said it out loud but I've never really done it".

"You can't-" "You're right they might never forgive me but that doesn't mean I don't still want to be their friend, I'd rather hope for the best than cause even more pain." Desire was the one who was taken aback by this.

He breathed a sigh of relief "I can't just always expect the worst when there's still hope, sure it's good to be realistic".  

"What?" "I don't know if they'll ever forgive me and things could go back to the way there were but I know I have to trust myself and Ochaco, I can't just accept the worst while there's still hope that things will return to the way they were".

"You can't!" Desire scoffed  "I will, I'll accept you as a part of me and I'll accept that whatever I get are the consequences of my actions, nothing more, nothing less." Desire felt weakened, he screamed, frustrated about it, the trees around them turned lighter.

The purple light that faded from the leaves flashed through Izuku's eyes, all his terrible memories again but the green stopped it, reflecting Ochaco's and the rest of his classmates' pure encouragement.

The purple faded from the leaves only leaving the stems and grass, Izuku felt, relieved all of a sudden though "This is it, proof we're completely split now, when you accept these things they become clearer" Izuku looked around, even the sky was green, he never noticed there was a clear sky in his mind, he never even really looked up at the trees when he was chained down there.

The copy remained his look on the clear green sky, it was a strange color for the sky up, he preferred it when it was purple, it annoyed him, "Won't you leave? You've accepted me, right? You can put me behind now... Just like you wanted" the copy made Izuku almost flinch, remembering what he told Ochaco after Desire took control and basically violated her in her own room.

"Well, all you did was make things clearer for the both of us," Izuku looked confused "What's clearer for you?" Desire didn't turn to him "You're naive," Izuku stiffened at that comment "Accepting me, just like that, with what you've done, you'll make my job much easier, eventually".

Izuku looked down at the grass, it darkened in an instance, he looked back at Desire, who was now looking at him with no emotion showing, "I don't care what it takes to defeat you, if it's Ochaco's or anyone else on the line, I let myself lose to you".

The copy smirked. "I won't let you stop me either".