chapter thirty four.

"𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒐𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒔𝒕, 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒕𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕,"

[𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫] 

as november dawn broke over the city of seoul, painting the sky with hues of pink and gold, jungkook stepped into the café, greeted by the familiar scent of freshly ground coffee beans and the gentle hum of early morning chatter.

the warm glow of the overhead lights cast soft shadows across the rustic wooden tables and chairs, creating a cozy atmosphere that invited customers to linger a little longer over their morning brew. the soft music that hummed theought added to the ambience, liftting his mood even more.

and with a smile that seemed to light up the room, Jungkook moved behind the counter, his every movement graceful and deliberate. the clinking of porcelain cups and the gentle hiss of steam from the espresso machine filled the air, blending seamlessly with the soft melody playing in the background.

each cup of coffee that jungkook prepared that morning was a work of art in itself, his hands moving with practiced ease as he expertly poured and frothed milk, creating intricate patterns on the surface of each latte with a flick of his wrist.

his smile was infectious, spreading warmth and cheer to everyone who crossed his path.

despite the early hour, the café was already bustling with activity, the sound of laughter and conversation mingling with the aroma of freshly baked pastries and the rich, earthy scent of brewing coffee. customers, new and old, lined up at the counter, their faces brightening at the sight of the brunette's welcoming smile.

namjoon leaned against the counter, a mischievous glint in his eyes as he watched the younger man expertly craft another latte, his movements fluid and precise. "so, jungkook-ah," he began, his voice laced with playful curiosity, "feeling particularly inspired this morning by any chance?"

jungkook chuckled, his cheeks flushing slightly as he glanced over at his hyung, his smile bright and genuine. "what makes you say that, hyung?" he replied, a hint of innocence in his tone. "can't i just enjoy the morning rush?"

namjoon raised an eyebrow, a knowing smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "oh, i don't know," he teased, nudging the boy playfully with his elbow. "maybe it's the way you're practically glowing today. or perhaps it's the spring in your step. or maybe," he added with a grin, "it has something to do with a certain artist we both know?"

jungkook cheeks grew warmer at the older man's playful insinuation, but he couldn't suppress the grin that spread across his face. "okay, maybe you caught me," he admitted, his eyes sparkling with amusement. "but can you blame me? i-i told him how i feel and we're doing good."

namjoon chuckled, shaking his head in amusement. "ah, young love," he mused, his tone fond as he remembered his own early stages with seokjin. "well, just remember to save some of that energy for the customers, okay? we can't have you getting lost in your own little world behind the counter."