chapter four.

"𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒚, 𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆, 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆

"𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒚, 𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆, 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆."

[𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫]

"you... will?" the artist asked, brows rose in surprise, his lips pursed as he grabbed his bag from the picnic table, slinging it over his shoulder. "you'd do it? really? do you even know what-"

had he misheard?

"yeah." jungkook confirmed with a shrug, nodding as he waited for the older man to collect his things. "w-why not? i'm an adult, so i can consent to these things." the sun was starting to set now, a golden glow of pink and blue shades casting over the sunflower field. "besides, anything for art, right? i'd be honoured."

"yeah.." taehyung breathed, shaking his head with a soft smile. jungkook didn't seem to stop surprising him with his kind gestures. "okay, then. if you're sure, i'll give you the contract, and-"

"wait- contract?" jungkook asked curiously, head tilted as they began to walk back to the car, each of them holding their bags. "you need a contract for modelling?"

"not typically, it depends." the older man answered, looking out into the field as they walked. "but like i said, this piece will feature a naked model in a rather... scandalous position. i need it in writing that you're okay with it since it'll be on display for the public."

"will, uh, my face be in it?" the younger man asked, a slight nervous feeling bubbling in his stomach. funny, he wasn't afraid to be naked for a man he barely knew, but the idea of his face being- "will i be recognised?"

"it's up to you." the artist shrugged, tugging his trench coat over himself as a little breeze began to kick in. "i have the skills to compromise. but, while the pose is fixed... you can hide your face, if you want. we'll work around it. you wouldn't be exposed exposed, but still... exposed nonetheless."

"i'll need to think about that, but.." jungkook smiled warmly, beaming up at the handsome artist as they walked to the car. "i'd love to be your muse, really!"

taehyung chuckled, opening the passenger door, holding it for the younger man. "then please, have a seat, my muse."

jungkook gave him a shy smile before getting in, and the artist closed the door before walking around to get in the driver's seat. the younger buckled up, his cheeks tinted a sweet red as the older man did the same beside him.

during the day, jungkook had learned that kim taehyung was... a sweet soul. the man seemed to appreciate the tiniest things in life, smiling at the flowers and finding joy out of watching nature. he was relatively quiet, yet he made an effort to talk.

kim taehyung had an old soul. he was a gentleman, he was soft-spoken, carried himself well -something jungkook couldn't help but adore. because nowadays, most men wore tracksuits and were rude. they listened to terrible rap music and walked around acting all big and tough with fragile egos.

but kim taehyung seemed delicate in juxtaposition. he was slender, yet broad- stylish and sophisticated. he was soft spoken; and only sweet words left his lips.

"i had fun today, hyung." he looked up at the artist, watching as taehyung adjusted the rear view mirror. "thank you for coming with me... i-i wouldn't have had anywhere near as much fun by myself."

"i'm glad i came." the raven haired artist offered him a charmingly soft smile as he started the engine. "i had a great day, too. you're beautiful company, jungkook. it's nice to meet someone with the same interests as me. it's good to be understood."

if it was even possible, jungkook's cheeks darkened in blush, a shy smile gracing his lips. "would you, uh like to come in for a coffee?" he looked up, meeting the man's gaze as taehyung began to reverse. "i'd feel bad if i didn't offer.." the elder had his arm around the headrest of jungkook's seat, watching the curb as he backed out his parking spot.

"already eager to get me into your apartment, hm?" taehyung breathed out a fond smile, his voice with a little teasing. "i'd be honoured, kind sir."

jungkook giggled, his shoulder's relaxing as they began to drive away from the sunflower field. "you're so cheesy..."

"cheesy?" taehyung chuckled, his eyes now on the road as he drove. jungkook grinned, propping his chin in his palm as he looked out the window.

the sky was a huge swirl between pink and gold, the sun setting beautifully over the horizon. the street lamps were starting to turn on, a yellow blur as flew by them.

seoul was so pretty.

"so, how did you meet jin hyung?" the artist asked, his voice deep and soft as he took a sip of his coffee, dark brown eyes roaming around the small living room curiously, taking in the homey decor before focusing in on the younger man's form as he sat down beside him on the couch. "and my brother?"

"it's a funny story, actually." jungkook snickered, leaning back on his couch as he turned his head to look at the older man beside him. "i was nineteen. he, uh, jin hyung used my car window as a mirror... he didn't realise i was still in the car." he smiled warmly at the memory. "i have tinted windows, you see... and then we became friends after that... he introduced me to namjoon hyung too. i still can't believe you're namjoon's brother and i didn't meet you until this wednesday just passed."

"sounds like jin hyung." taehyung chuckled, swirling his coffee almost absentmindedly. jungkook's apartment was quite small compared to his own humble abode, but it was nice, homey. the decor was very jungkook, the place littered with scented candles and string lights giving it a golden glow. "he's always been rather... narcissistic."

"he's the best hyung, though." jungkook added, smiling brightly at the artist, before looking down at his socked feet, rubbing them over the soft grey carpet in a back and forth motion. "it's because of him that i work at the cafe, and that's how i met you!"

"you know... you're quite endearing." taehyung stated, his eyes flickering up to jungkook's momentarily before he took another sip of coffee. "it's refreshing. you have a nice aura."

"you sound so wise when you talk." jungkook giggled, reaching for the tv remote. he turned it on, sighing happily as he put netlix on. "i noticed it when we met at the cafe. you were dressed so nicely, but your hands were covered in paint.., you also talk like an old man."

"an old man? i'm only thirty." taehyung sighed, shaking his head with a fond expression. "but i talk with honesty.. i like to talk properly with unique words and manners. and as for the paint.." he trailed off, his lips curling upwards. "it's unavoidable, really. i paint every day."

jungkook looked at the man beside him, his nose scrunching as he smiled.

the day had turned out beautifully, for both of them.

______

i'm in love with this already🤧
i also have up to chapter 16 already prewritten, and i can't wait to publish them for you <

-TaesThickThighs