chapter twenty six.

"𝒊'𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊'𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒅

"𝒊'𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊'𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒅."

[𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱] 

november 1st; the start of a new month, and a month closer to the christmas season. halloween was over and done with, and the new season began.

it was as cold as ever as taehyung walked through seoul, yeontan padding gently beside him as he held the dog's lead in his hand, both fists buried deep into his coat pocket as his tired eyes stared at the wet pavement.

his hair was messy, and his under eyes dark; his skin pale and lips tugged into a frown as he stared at his shoes, his mind blocking out the sounds of traffic and the bustle of the city. he was cold; and his thick coat and scarf did nothing to warm him.

his new collection's release was a staggering success, and he should be using this time to relax himself and enjoy the peaceful time. however, he'd been feeling increasingly restless lately, his mind plagued by thoughts and responsibilities.

despite the outward success, a sense of unease gnawed at him, a feeling of being trapped in a life not entirely his own.

as he strolled through the streets of seoul, leash in hand, taehyung couldn't shake the feeling of being suffocated by the weight of expectations. the approaching christmas season, usually a time of joy and celebration, now loomed over him like a specter, a reminder of the impending union with Jungkook and the uncertain future it held.

it would be yet another christmas spent alone.

deep down, taehyung knew that he couldn't continue to ignore the turmoil within him. he needed to confront his fears, to find a way to reconcile his duty with his own desires.

but for now, all he could do was sit in the quiet solitude of the park, seeking solace in the company of his loyal companion as he grappled with the uncertainties of the future.

he'd found himself unable to shake the feeling of restlessness that had settled within him like a heavy fog. despite the accolades and praise, a sense of emptiness gnawed at his insides, leaving him feeling adrift in a sea of uncertainty.

yeontan, ever attuned to his owner's emotions, nudged taehyung's leg gently, as if offering silent comfort. the artist glanced down at the small pomeranian, a faint smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

"thanks, buddy," he murmured, his voice carrying the weight of his thoughts. "looks like it's just you and me against the world today."

as they continued their walk through the city streets, the dark haired man found himself drawn to a small coffee shop tucked away in a quiet corner. the warm glow emanating from the windows beckoned him inside, promising respite from the chill that permeated the air.

entering the cozy cafe, the artist was greeted by the comforting aroma of freshly brewed coffee and the soft murmur of conversation. he found a secluded corner by the window and settled into a plush armchair, yeontan curling up at his feet.

as he sipped his steaming cup of coffee, taehyung allowed his thoughts to drift, seeking solace in the simple pleasures of the moment. the gentle chatter of patrons and the soft jazz playing in the background provided a soothing backdrop to his contemplation.

it wasn't the moonchild cafe, but it would do. he wasn't sure if he could handle coming face to face with jungkook yet.

not with the rejection still fresh in his mind.

lost in his thoughts, taehyung barely noticed when a server approached his table, offering a warm smile and a menu. taehyung returned the smile gratefully, grateful for the distraction.

as he perused the menu, taehyung's gaze wandered to the window, where raindrops streaked down the glass in a mesmerizing dance. despite the dreary weather outside, a sense of peace settled over him, a reminder that even in the midst of uncertainty, moments of tranquility could still be found.

with a newfound sense of clarity, taehyung took a deep breath, letting go of the weight that had been dragging him down.

today may have started cold and dreary, but with each passing moment, he felt a glimmer of warmth return to his heart, a reminder that even on the darkest days, there was still light to be found.

sitting at his desk that night, with a single candle lighting the space, the artist looked down at the envelope addressed to jungkook that sat atop the surface, wherein a letter of confession sat, neatly sealed with a red-wax stamp. he frowned softly as he picked it up, examining.

he was too late in coming to terms with his feelings.

he looked away in distain, the rejection still fresh in his memory. he slid open the top drawer on the right hand side and gently slid the letter inside.

the letter in which he, as old fashioned as it was, confessed how he felt for jungkook, how he explained how he felt around him was now tucked away; perhaps never to be read by the one it was addressed to.

with a heavy ache in his chest, taehyung shut the drawer and stood up, leaning over to blow out the candle, casting his room into a pitch black.

as the flame flickered and extinguished, enveloping the room in darkness, taehyung stood there for a moment, his heart heavy with the weight of unspoken words and unfulfilled desires.

the confession letter, now nestled safely within the confines of the drawer, felt like a bittersweet reminder of what could have been, if he had asked jungkook out earlier.

he couldn't help but wonder what might have happened if he had found the courage to speak his truth sooner, if he had laid bare his feelings for jungkook before it was too late.

but dwelling on the past offered little solace, and the artist knew that he had to find a way to move forward, even if it meant carrying the ache of unrequited love with him.

afterall, jungkook was already trying a relationship with someone else.

with a resigned sigh, taehyung made his way to the bed, the weight of the day's events pressing down on him like a heavy blanket. he lay there in the darkness, surrounded by the silence of the night, grappling with the myriad emotions swirling within him.

in the solitude of his room, taehyung allowed himself to mourn the loss of what could have been, to acknowledge the pain of unfulfilled longing. but even as he grieved, a flicker of hope remained alive within him, a whisper of possibility that maybe, just maybe, tomorrow would bring a new beginning, a chance for healing and renewal.

with that thought in mind, the artist closed his eyes, allowing sleep to claim him, knowing that no matter what the future held, he would face it with courage and resilience.

and as the night stretched on, enveloping him in its embrace, the artist drifted into dreams, where perhaps, just for a moment, he could find solace from the ache in his heart that his muse had unknowingly caused.

______

tae being lowkey heartbroken:😔😢🥀

meanwhile kook with yugyeom: 🥳💃🏼✨

-TaesThickThighs