chapter nine.

"𝒊'𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊'𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒅

"𝒊'𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊'𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒅."

[𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞]

saturday rolled around as quickly as jungkook had hoped it would. for he had the full weekend off work, having asked seokjin to give him saturday off so taehyung could start his painting.

and seokjin, after teasing him of course, agreed- giving him the full weekend.

stood in his kitchen, jungkook was just cleaning up his breakfast while he waited for the artist to pick him up; humming softly to himself to calm his raising nerves. he was aware of what he had gotten himself into, and he was fully prepared to bare his naked body for the artist -despite being a little nervous.

but kim taehyung had reassured him that it is only for a painting -the older man reassuring him that they were both mature adults, and there was absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about.

and while it helped soothe him, there was still a tiny speck of embarrassment in the corner of jungkook's mind.

he fed coco the bunny, making sure she was happy in her hutch, before a soft nock on the front door of his apartment made him scramble to collect his bag and coat.

he scurried down the hallway towards the door and hastily unlocked it after making sure he was ready, and pulled it open to see kim taehyung stood on the other side, a gentle smile on his face.

"good morning, jungkook." the artist spoke, stepping back so the younger man could step out into the hallway and lock his door. "how are you?"

"good morning." jungkook couldn't help but smile back, quickly locking his front door before pocketing the keys. "i'm good... h-how are you?"

"i'm alright." the other man stuffed his hands in his coat pocket, and jungkook finally looked up at him, in awe as his eyes took in the older man's attire. today, the artist was wearing loose fitting grey pants with a white blouse tucked into a black belt, a beige trench coat finishing the look.

his hair was combed neatly, as per, and a warm smile was present on his perfect face.

he always looked so good.

"i was thinking we could stop for coffee on the way to my home?" the artist breathed as they began to walk away from jungkook's apartment, he gently nudged jungkook's arm with his own. "my treat for my muse."

"sounds great." jungkook looked up at the handsome man with a closed-eye smile, a soft pink sheen on his cheeks as they came up to the elevator. "have you, uh, decided on the pose?"

"i'll show you what i've came up with." taehyung confirmed, pressing the button for the ground floor as the elevator doors shut. "by the way, are you alright if my dog walks around? i can shut him in a room if-"

"i love dogs!" jungkook's eyes light up, his hands clasping infront of his chest. "what breed?"

"i have a pomeranian." the artist chuckled, leaning against the handrail of the elevator. "yeontan. he's a sweet little thing, he's very... affectionate."

"i can't wait to meet him." jungkook breathed, just as the elevator dinged, and the doors opened. the two men made their way out of the apartment complex and jungkook, rather timidly, followed behind the artist as he was lead to his car.

taehyung placed a gentle hand on the small of junkook's back as they crossed the apartment building parking lot, and jungkook couldn't help the way his stomach tensed and his breath hitched.

the artist's hand had barely any contact, yet the action made the younger man gulp. jungkook's eyes widen; however, when they reached taehyung's car.

a beautiful, matte black rolls royce.

now, jungkook knew kim taehyung was wealthy, a millionaire. of course the artist could afford such a car, but seeing such a luxurious car close really quite incredible- not something he thought he'd ever have the chance to see.

taehyung, catching the younger man's stare, chuckled, opening and holding the passenger door open. "please, make yourself comfortable, my muse."

it was about ten minutes before they arrived at taehyung's home. the artist had bought them coffee during the drive, and they talked about nothing- nothing of importance, but enough to be content.

when they pulled into the front gate, jungkook was in awe. the house was a mansion, a large front garden with a grand fountain in the centre, tall coded gates blocking the entrance from outsiders.

the driveway was lined with well-cut hedges, lit up with golden-glow fair lights with weren't very visible during the day, however jungkook knew it must look beautiful when the sun starts to set.

they got out the car and the artist lead the younger man to his front door and unlocked it, gesturing jungkook to enter first as he followed.

"you... live in a palace!" jungkook exclaimed as he stepped foot into the home, his doe-eyes wide and sparkling as he looked around the place, taking in every detail as he clumsily toed his shoes off, taehyung closing the door behind them, silently. "wow!"

"come on, let's eat before we get started." taehyung spoke with a soft laugh, gently from behind the younger man as he carefully pulled jungkook's coat off, hanging it on the rack by the front door. "do you like bibimbap?"

"i love bibimbap." jungkook bit his lip, tentatively following the artist through the foyer, which by the way, showcases marbled-carved statues, and into a large kitchen. "how do you take care of such a big house by yourself?" he asked, looking over the intricate marble-carved statues that appeared in the hallway. "you must be so busy.."

"i'm not a messy person." taehyung answered, simply, looking back at the younger brunette. "of course, i could hire staff, but... i like my privacy. i'd rather clean up my own mess. i like being... alone."

jungkook listened, curiously, as the artist began to walk around the kitchen, getting out the things he needed to prepare the meal. he felt a little awkward; out of place as he just watched.

"can... can i help?"

the dark haired artist looked over as he grabbed a pan and chuckled, nodding. "of course. i'd like that."

_________

it's officially january 1st 2024!

happy new year lovelies, let's make it the best one yet <3

-TaesThickThighs