chapter six.

"𝒐𝒓 𝒂 𝒑𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒓

"𝒐𝒓 𝒂 𝒑𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒓. 𝒋𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔? 𝒐𝒉," 

[𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱]

spending his evenings with a glass of red wine in one hand, and his favourite william shakespeare book in the other was the best part of taehyung's day.

the artist was freshly showered with not a speck of paint on his skin like there usually was, and he was now laying on his couch in his silken beige robe and slippers, damp hair clipped out of his eyes and thin-rimmed silver glasses sat atop the bridge of his nose.

it wasn't often that he had the time to lay back and just relax, especially since he had an upcoming gallery display he needed to work on, but the artist enjoyed the little free time he did have by catching up on his favourite novels with a little classical music to brighten his gloomy, lonely, home.

the man loved reading old literature, he adored how such clever minds can write the most pleasing stories. but, it had been a while since he was able to just lay down and read like this.

he was a busy man, afterall.

humming softly, the dark haired artist gently turned the page of 'romeo and juliet', and let his eyes take in the written words. reading such tragedies made him wonder; could love really drive someone to the point of no return? afterall, it was love that made poor romeo kill himself -that made him end his life so tragically.

it baffled the artist.

but at the same time, it made him wonder. wonder what it would be like to be so in love with someone that he was willing to do anything for them. wonder what it would be like to be so intensely in love with someone.

he smiled a little at the thought of it, taking another sip of his aged red wine. as if, it's not like he would have the time to find a lover. he prioritises his profession over everything.

he was a busy man, he didn't want to accidentally neglect his partner.

hearing a nock on the door, he checked the time, looking over at the clock that sat atop the mantle, and sighed as he sat up, reaching forward to place his wine and book down on the coffee table.

he stood up and stretched, before walking out of his living area and towards the front door. he tightened his robe and twisted the door handle, opening the door to come face-to-face with a mint haired male.

"yoongi hyung?" he rose a brow, slowly stepping aside to let him in- knowing very well that the older had the passcode for his front gates. "i thought you were going on a date tonight."

min yoongi had been friends with kim taehyung since their highschool days. despite their vastly different personalities, they blended well and were good friends.

yoongi was more the rebellious type- the one who ditched class and got different piercings and hair colours to spite his parents, while taehyung was quite nerdy- always in the library or the art classroom and never missing a single class in order to keep his grades up.

he was the weirdo that spent his evenings learning piano, rather than going out to party.

he was rather sheltered, in an untouchable bubble.

they were vastly different, but perhaps that was why they were incredibly good friends.

"hey, tae-ah. how've you been?" the elder male asked, walking into the home and shrugging his coat off, hanging it up on the hook. "have you eaten?" the artist just sighed, closing the door behind him, and crossed his arms over his chest, looking at the older man expectantly.

"i've been fine. why aren't you on your date, hyung?" taehyung asked, following the older into his home. "was she... unpleasant?"

"she didn't even show up." yoongi flopped down onto the other couch, looking up at his friend with a lopsided grin as he kicked his feet up. "typical, right?"

"oh... i'm sorry, hyung." the dark haired artist slowly sat down beside the elder, hesitantly patting the mint-haired man's shoulder with a delicate hand. "i'm sure you'll find someone soon."

"i doubt it," yoongi sighed, shaking his head as he reached for the coffee table. taehyung watched, frowning, as the older man grabbed his half-finished glass of wine and took a large gulp. "i seem to have no luck with dating."

"well," the artist offered a slight smile, his lips quirked in amusement as yoongi downed the alcohol and put the glass back down beside his book. "that's something we have in common."

"you could get a boyfriend if you wanted to." yoongi snorted at that; shaking his head as he reached for the tv remote, turning off the beethoven symphony that played. "you're handsome, but you just don't put yourself out there."

the artist hummed softly, watching absentmindedly as yoongi flicked through netflix for a show to watch. while yoongi wasn't necessarily wrong per say, he never really felt the urge to actively 'look for love'. i mean, he was always just fine with his paint and his brushes, he didn't feel like he needed anyone else.

he didn't need a boyfriend.

he was fine by himself.

or, rather, that's what he kept telling himself.

on the other side of seoul, jeon jungkook was sat in his own bed with a steaming mug of hot chocolate on the nightstand, taehyung's contract in his hands as he reread over it for the third time under the golden glow of the string lights that hung over his bed, the little lights blending with the artificial vines that littered his ceiling.

he had signed it, his signature sat neatly atop the dotted line on the bottom of the page. the terms and conditions of the job were pretty simple; and any doubt that he may have had, was gone with reassurance. he was giddy; eager for the work to begin.

"do you think i'd be a pretty muse, coco?" he asked, looking down at the tiny ball of fluff, that was his pet bunny, that settled in his lap. "i think it will be fun!"

the bunny's nose twitched as she looked up at her owner, an ear twisting in his direction. jungkook just smiled, gently poking the bun's nose.

the little thing had big eyes, chocolate fur and a little pompom tail that wiggles when jungkook talked to her. she was a sweet thing; the boy's pride and joy.

"i knew you'd agree."

__________

i might break the updating schedule because a week is too long to wait when i love updating this book so much...

-TaesThickThighs