chapter one.

𝒆𝒗𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆 -𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒑𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒔𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒛

"𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚, 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍."

[𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞]

to many, seoul was a particularly beautiful place to live during the autumnal season. in the embrace of autumn, it became a canvas painted with the hues of fallen leaves and the chill of impending winter.

for the streets were damp and littered with fallen leaves of all colours and shapes, the trees dark and naked as they lined the sidewalks like looming giants. it was getting colder, too.

the days were getting shorter, and the nights longer, the sun setting hours earlier and the weather becoming more and more miserable as the days went by.

and kim taehyung was one of those who had always preferred the bitter, cool autumn over the brightness and humidity of the summer weather. he found an odd sense of comfort in the rainy days, the early nights.

perhaps it was a reflection of his mood.

for his singularity and creative mind being his only close companion in the gloominess of the art studio of his home in which he spent most of his time- creating mesmerising pieces that spoke volumes without uttering a word.

his in-home studio, nestled in the heart of seoul, was a sanctuary of inspiration and creativity.

stuffing his paint-covered hands in the pockets of his beige trench coat, the dark haired man kept his tired gaze on the wet sidewalk beneath his shoes as he walked, a soft sigh leaving his slightly chapped lips leaving a small cloud in the freezing air.

each step down the cobbled path echoed the weariness that clung to him, a tiredness born of the unrelenting pursuit of perfection in his unfinished pieces.

his brows were furrowed as he walked, his gaze only just catching the warm colours of the fallen leaves on the pavement enough for him to envy them.

they were each unique and delicate, complete with their own shapes and sizes- much like his own artwork which sat unattended to in his studio yet unfinished and, in his perfectionism, lacking of such uniqueness.

he came to a stop as he looked up at the familiar coffee shop, another soft sigh leaving his lips as he made his way inside.

a little bell chimed upon his entry and the warmth quickly enveloped him as the smell of vanilla and coffee flooded his senses- the comforting scent making a small smile grace his lips as he made his way towards the counter.

"hey stranger, where've you been these past few days?" a broad-shouldered male smiled from behind the counter, a little notepad in his hand as he looked expectantly. "you're usually in here every day."