chapter fourteen.

"𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒊𝒏' 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒔 𝒂𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒊𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕, 𝒆𝒗𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆

"𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒊𝒏' 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒔 𝒂𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒊𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕, 𝒆𝒗𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆."

[𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧]

in the heart of seoul, beneath dark clouds and the city's restless rhythm, the artist found himself entangled deep within his thoughts.

days had since passed from his last encounter with jungkook, and a perplexing sense of avoidance lingered in the air.

as the raindrops painted a delicate melody in his studio windows, taehyung grappled with the enigma of why the younger man seemed to be slipping away.

he hadn't seen jungkook in a few days.

but he felt as though the younger man was, for some reason, avoiding him, or doing his best to steer clear which admittedly, made the artists's head itch unpleasantly as countless thoughts danced around his head as to why that could be.

in fact, the last he had seen of the pretty boy was the night he stayed in taehyung's guest room, a week prior when they had made a start on the painting.

it was rainy that night; for there was a thunderstorm hovering over the seoul skies that had jungkook uneasy and restless. he remembered comforting the boy, holding him as the clouds rumbled and the rain hammered against the windows.

the memory of their shared night echoed in his mind; the stormy, miserable night that when jungkook sought safety in taehyung's guest room.

the thunder rumbled, the rain cascades and the vulnerability unfolded.

and taehyung racked his brain, trying to think of something that had either happened or he'd done to subconsciously drive jungkook away.

but, he just couldn't think of a reason.

frowning as he rose his wine glass to his lips, he stared hard at the canvas before him, his honey-brown eyes moving across each stroke of paint, each pencil line with such precision.

of course; the piece was nowhere near done yet and he would need to call jungkook up about arranging another session so he could make more progress. the incomplete masterpiece mirrored the unresolved tension; urging him to take the brush once more.

however, the knowledge that jungkook seemed to want to stay away stopped him from reaching out.

the knowledge that the younger man distanced himself held the artist back. questions lingered, and frustration simmered beneath the surface. jungkook was his muse, yet he seemed adamant on avoiding him.