chapter five.

"𝒅𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒎𝒂𝒏?"

[𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞]

jungkook hadn't seen taehyung for a week, since their first hangout. 

and he was starting to overthink.

working his shifts in the cafe, he'd kept his eyes on the door in case the handsome artist was to walk in with his pretty outfits and charming smile, but no... nothing.

it was odd; he hardly knew the man, they'd only known eachother for a week at most but jungkook's mind was already filled with the artist.

he just couldn't stop thinking about kim taehyung.

in fact, out of curiosity, he'd even googled taehyung and found out that his signed artist name was 'vante', and that he was, well, a wealthy, successful artist.

he'd learned that kim taehyung had his work sold to and displayed by famous galleries across the world, that he even had his own exhibit in seoul. just like seokjin had told him.

kim taehyung was a very accomplished man of his age.

naturally, seokjin and namjoon had teased him ruthlessly for his 'stalking' when they caught him on google, even jimin who- by the way, had stalked his crush for weeks before even talking to her, and jungkook had to beg them not to say a word.

afterall, what would taehyung think if he came to know that jungkook was googling him in his absence?

"well well, if it isn't our little stalker boy." jimin plopped down beside him at the table he was sat at, ten minutes into his fifteen minute morning break. "has mr handsome came by today?"

"not yet..." jungkook pouted, his chin resting in his palm that was propped up atop the table by his elbow. "do you think he's suddenly uninterested?" he looked up at his friend. "maybe i did something wrong when we hung out? i-it's been a week, jimin. he usually comes in for a coffee... why hasn't he came?"

"well, you said he's an artist, right?" jimin asked, taking a big bite out of his cupcake. he held a finger up, and jungkook just sighed, frowning as he waited for the older male to continue. "maybe he's stuck in his studio or something." jimin swallowed his mouthful, licking his lip. "you said he was working on a new collection? maybe he's just held up."

sighing, jungkook slumped in his seat. he knew he was being silly; taehyung had a busy life filled with work and meetings and stuff. he didn't have the free time that jungkook had.