chapter thirty three.

"𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒔𝒐 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒑𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏, 𝒊 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘

"𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒔𝒐 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒑𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏, 𝒊 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘."

[𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞]

the bright and early morning sunlight filtered through the window, creating a soft golden hue across the artist's bedroom; and casting a sweet glow through the cracks of the thin net curtains.

feeling the light behind his eyelids the artist stirred from his slumber, the events of the previous evening still fresh in his mind, and with a sense of anticipation tingling in his veins, he rose from the bed and made his way to his bathroom to freshen himself up for the day ahead.

as he brushed his teeth, he couldn't help but smile at his reflection. jungkook confessed to me. he felt a warmth build in his chest, and a giddy feeling made him grow a little excited.

he swiftly got himself dressed, simple black slacks with a white blouse, and quickly made his way down to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for not only himself today, but for jungkook too.

he could hear yeontan's barking and chuckled as he walked down the stairs, the chilly morning air making goosebumps rise on his skin. the marbled floor was cold, despite the house slippers on his feet, and he made a mental note to put the heating on.

as he neared the kitchen, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the air, mingling with the scent of pancakes cooking on the stove. the artist entered, and glanced around the room, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips as he spotted none other than jungkook standing by the counter, clad in one of the artist's oversized sweaters- the one he'd given the boy to change into.

it was a soft grey, the colour beautiful against jungkook's milky complexion. he looked so pretty, the artist smiled. yeontan was sat at jungkook's feet, munching on his food with a waggy tail.

"good morning," taehyung greeted, his voice warm with affection as he approached the younger. "you're up early. looks like you beat me to breakfast, huh?"

"good morning hyung," jungkook replied, a shy smile gracing his features as he flipped a pancake with practiced ease. "i-i hope you like pancakes?"

"i love pancakes," taehyung chuckled, his gaze softening as he watched the younger move about the kitchen with a sense of quiet determination. "thank you for making breakfast. though, you're the guest-"

"it"s the least i can do," jungkook replied, his cheeks flushing faintly as he poured another batch of batter onto the griddle. "after... everything."

taehyung reached out, his hand brushing against jungkook's arm in a gentle gesture of reassurance. "kook-ah, about last night..."

"i'm sorry," the younger interrupted, his voice tinged with regret as he turned to face the artist, his brows creased softly. "i-i should have talked to you sooner. i was just... scared, i guess. b-but i did mean what i said... i-i really am in love with you. if, you'll, uh, have me?"

"oh kook," the artist's heart softened at the vulnerability in the younger man's voice, his own feelings of hurt giving way to a sense of understanding. "i understand," he said softly, reaching out to cup his muse's cheek in a tender gesture. "i was scared too."

jungkook's eyes met the older man's, a flicker of uncertainty dancing within their depths. "do you... forgive me?"

taehyung just smiled, his thumb brushing gently against jungkook's cheek. "there's nothing to forgive," he said, his voice filled with warmth and affection. "we both made mistakes. but what matters is that we're here now, together."

jungkook's lips curved into a hesitant smile, his eyes shimmering with unspoken emotion. "together..," he echoed.

"okay, let's start simple." the artist spoke, his voice a soft hum as he stood behind jungkook, the younger man sat on a stool before a blank canvas, a paintbrush in his trembling right hand. "feel the brush in your hand, let it become and extension of your thoughts and emotions."

"on second thoughts, i'll just leave the painting to you, hyung..." jungkook breathed out sheepishly as he dipped the tip of the brush into a soft green paint- the colour staining the bristles. "i'm not very creative-"

"silly boy." taehyung chuckled, sitting on the stool behind jungkook, his own legs on either side of the younger man's, as his right hand reached forward to wrap around jungkook's that held the brush, his left holding his shoulder. "imagine a story unfolding on the canvas." their fingers intertwined in a delicate dance along the blank canvas as the artist began to guide jungkook's hand with his own. "let the colors speak the words your heart wants to convey."

jungkook shuddered softly as taehyung's soft whisper caressed his ear, warm breath making goosebumps rise on his skin. he subconsciously leaned back against the older man's chest as he began to make bolder strokes, the soft green paint creating pretty lines on the canvas.

taehyung watched, propping his chin atop jungkook's left shoulder as his hand let go of jungkook's; letting the younger paint by himself as he discovered a rhythm. he marvelled at the creation taking shape, not just on the canvas, but in the studio's atmosphere aswell.

taehyung was usually sat here alone, enjoying his own company as he painted, occasionally joined by yoongi when the older came over. it was... nice to share what he loved to do with jungkook like this.

the storm between thrm hadj passed, and now it was tranquil between them. they knew how they felt about eachother, and now it was just... nice. they were enjoying eachothers company and it felt like nothing had changed.

jungkook removed the brush and let out a small smile as he stared at the painting that he created. it wasn't anywhere near as skilled or intricate as taehyung's artwork, but it was something special. "do you like it? i'm not exactly van gogh, but-"

"it's the best painting i've ever seen." taehyung gently praised, his voice soft as he gazed upon the canvas with soft eys. the shaky green strokes created an... unidentified blurry object but, the efort that jungkook put into it, warmed his heart.

"see, jungkook-ah? you've got an artist's soul within you."

______

me prioritising wattpad over my college work💃🏼

-TaesThickThighs