chapter twenty.

"𝒊 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒃𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖

"𝒊 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒃𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖."

[𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲]

"i was starting to think you weren't going to come, stranger." namjoon called out as the younger man finally got out of his car. he chuckled, watching fondly as taehyung closed his door rather aggressively before sluggishly walking towards him, his head down. "we both know mother's wrath isn't pretty."

"sorry i'm late, hyung." the artist apologised with a frown, stuffing his hands in his pant pocket as he walked alongside the elder into the lavish estate. "i was finishing up the final few pieces for my collection."

"ah," namjoon just chuckled, opening the front doors, holding them open for the younger. "it's complete now, isnt it?"

"good morning, young masters." instantly, a few older maids greeted them politely- taking their coats to which namjoon's thanked them and taehyung smiled awkwardly. "it's good to see you both again. your parents are in the drawing room."

"thank you, miss chan." namjoon bowed, tugging taehyung's wrist as he began to head towards the large staircase. "it's lovely to see you, too."

taehyung let his brother drag him through the large house like a child; his legs dragging in attempt to prolong the walk.

the kim family estate was a grand manifestation of wealth and refinement, a sprawling mansion that stood as a testament to the family's status and influence.

situated on an expansive piece of land, the estate was surrounded by meticulously landscaped gardens, adorned with vibrant flowers, trimmed hedges, and winding pathways that added an air of tranquility to the opulent surroundings.

the main structure itself was a masterpiece of architectural elegance, featuring a harmonious blend of classic and contemporary design elements.

tall, imposing columns adorned the entrance, supporting an intricately carved pediment that boasted the family crest. the facade was made of pristine, cream-colored stone, giving the mansion a timeless and regal appearance.

upon entering the estate alongside his brother, the artist was greeted by the spacious foyer with a dazzling crystal chandelier hanging from the high ceiling; marble floors reflected the warm glow of the chandelier, while tastefully placed antique furniture and priceless artworks adorned the walls. elaborate tapestries and persian rugs added a touch of refinement to the already luxurious interior.

"i'm sure eomma and appa wil be curious about your upcoming work." namjoon spoke as they reached the top of the stairs. "are you going to tell them about jungkook? they'll be delighted to hear you have a new friend."

"i don't know, hyung." the artist sighed, glancing at namjoon with a hint of uncertainty. "i'm not sure how they'd react. getting them to like yoongi was a challenge itself."