chapter sixteen.

"𝒊'𝒎 𝒂 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒅𝒆𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆, 𝒐𝒉

"𝒊'𝒎 𝒂 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒅𝒆𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆, 𝒐𝒉."

[𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧]

standing timidly a couple of feet away from the artist, jungnkook watched as taehyung began to prepare a meal, a variety of vegetables laid on the counter alongside some noodles.

"can i help?" he asked, cheeks a soft pink when the artist looked over at him with a small smile. "i could chop the veggies?"

"of course, jungkook-ah." taehyung chuckled at the younger man's timid, awkward, offer. "we're making a stir fry, so make sure to cut them thinly... be careful, too. that knife is sharp."

jungkook grinned, waddling over to the sink, and washed his hands before rolling up his sleeves, picking up the black-handled knife.

he inspected it for a moment, noting the sharpness of the blade, and then turned his attention to the vegetables on the white chopping board.

as he began to cut the carrots, the dark haired artist looked over and felt a smile crawling over his lips as he observed jungkook's fully engaged focus. "nice technique, jungkook. do you cook often?"

"not really." jungkook scrunched his nose, laughing a little. "i just watch a lot of cooking shows... they make it look easy."

"well you're doing great." taehyung assured, turning his attention back to the meat he was frying. "just take your time and enjoy the process."

as the younger continued to prepare the vegetables, taehyung worked on the other aspects of the meal.

they fell into a comfortable silence as they worked; the kitchen filled with the sounds of this little collaboration- the rhythmic chopping of vegetables, the sizzling of the ingredients in the pans, and the occasional smiles they shared when their gaze met.

after about ten minuets, jungkook carefully placed the knife down and grinned widely in triumph as he looked down at the chopping board, the vegetables cut so perfectly; a variety of carrots, peppers, onions and leak. "look, tae!" he beamed. "i cut them so well, right?"

"so well. well done, jungkook-ah." the dark haired man nearly cooed, looking up as he continued to stir the pan, his dark eyes holding immense fondness. "do you want to put them in?"

the younger nodded and taehyung stepped aside so he could carefully tilt the chopping board, pouring the chopped veggies into the pan. taehyung smiled at this, handing him the spatula. "would you like to stir it?"