chapter sixty-three

"Boys, just leave your stuff over by the door. We can bring it up after we eat" Acacia said as she unlocked her the front door of her 3.6 million dollar home which had 5 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms. She quickly shut off the alarm system and shut the door behind her and followed the boys as they ran over to the kitchen. "Wash your hands first!" she called as she set the food and her bag down on her kitchen counter, she walked over to the sink but not before pulling out a small step for her son to climb on so he could wash his hands first, Malik used the downstairs bathroom to wash his hands. "All clean mama" Elijah said as he jumped down and waited for his mum to hand him a napkin, "Good boy, here's some kitchen roll" she said as she pulled some kitchen roll for him to dry his hands. "Thank you" he said as he wiped his hands and put the tissue in the trash. 

She walked into her dining room with the food and some plates and set the boys food out for them. "Grace please" Malik said as he closed his eyes ready to pray, Acacia smiled as she closed her eyes, "Dear Father, thank you for this glorious day and thank you for getting us all home safely. I also want to thank you for providing us with the means to buy the food we're about to eat, bless this food father and may we all enjoy it. In Jesus name we pray.." Acacia prayed, they all said 'Amen' together. 

As they ate, they engaged in some light conversation.

"So are you exciting for the summer holidays? We're going to London this summer to see all your friends and cousins" Acacia said as she ate her food, "I think you will enjoy it" she said as she turned to Malik. "I'm... I'm excited to see KJ and play soccer" he said, Acacia smiled as she thought about KJ and Malik's relationship, they were like best friends and were excited every time they saw each other. 

Acacia was worried about Malik when it came to making friends due to his Autism but with the help from the teachers at his school and family, he progressed really well and he didn't have too much of an issue making friends because he preferred to keep to himself most of the time but his social skills were improving. It was hard for people to communicate with him because he doesn't like questions, so when people would ask him direct questions he would never respond.

"You can definitely play soccer when we go out there, the boys will be going to their football clubs on Saturdays so you can join them" she said as she took a sip of her strawberry lemonade. "Thank you, I will" he said with a smile, "Mommy, can I go too?" Elijah asked, "Jah, your a little too young for it but we can go and support your brother together? Maybe when you reach Malik's age you can" she said, "How long do I have to wait?" he asked. "Well right now, your 3 years-old and Malik's 9 so if we do 9-3 we will get 6" she said, "You have to be 8 and above to play, your almost 4 in..." Malik said as he proceeded to count down how many days was left until his brothers birthday, "37 days until June 15th" he said as he continued to eat. "Well done Malik" Acacia said impressed, he was really good at maths, in fact Malik was extremely intelligent. Acacia phone vibrated on the table catching her attention, she picked it up and saw she had a text. 

'We will be at the house tomorrow morning. Looking forward to seeing you '

"Guys, grandad will be arriving tomorrow morning so make sure were good for him" she said as she put her phone down. The boys started squirming in their seats with excitement, "Yay! Is grandpa coming to London with us too?" Elijah asked as he ate his chicken nuggets, Acacia nodded, "He is, on Tuesday we will all fly to London together so we need to spend this weekend making sure we've packed everything because were going to be at our London home until after Malik's birthday" she said, "Jabari said you told his mom about my birthday and he is coming" Malik said looking at Acacia, "I did sweetie, I thought it would make you happy to have your friend there" Acacia said, he stood up picking up his plate, "I would like Jabari to be there because he also likes soccer so I think he will enjoy the match" he said as he walked to the kitchen to go and wash his plate. Acacia turned to Elijah, "You excited for your birthday? Going to have all your cousins and family there" she said as she ran her hands through his curly afro, "Yes, can I go now? I want to watch Arthur" he said, Acacia nodded her head, "Get Malik to turn the TV on for you" she said as she stood up and started to clean up her dinning table.