18. Storm hits hard

The next day, he was up before her and left to his office and she wake up after sometime. 

She frowned about why he left early but then chucked thinking it must be his work.  Her mobile pinged with the notification and she opened it to see his message. 

Police 😤 " Sweet morning mish, kal ka case aaj follow karna hai, so I left early from home.  Take care and yeah, go to your office and discuss about your work, let me know if you need my help my idiot journalist "

Teju " no sweet morning for you since you left early and yes, I m planning to go office today, will let u know the details once I meet the.. Bye take care "

She replied him and the day started on a good note to her.  She spend sometime with the family and head to her officer.  She was very nervous while stepping inside. 

She felt awkward by the way everyone are looking at her and anvi took her in a warm hug. 

Anvi " It feels so good to see you back teju, this place missed you "

Teju " Don't be happy much anvi,  I have to meet the CCO and his decision with be final "

Anvi " Let's hope for a good revision from him, don't know subha se, parvati and akash sir is with CCO "

Teju nodded and she walked to the front desk and waited till she gets permission from the CCO.  The receptionist give her a green signal and she walked in taking a deep breath. 

CCO " any reason for your long uninformed leave Ms Tejasswi?"

Teju " I.. I m sorry sir.. The situation was paranoid and It was unexpected for me, I couldn't know how to handle it and I needed an escape.  It's my fault, I should have informed me, it's not good and I apologize from my heart and it won't be repeated but I do deserve a chance I think.  Please "

The room was quiet and she looked at akash who was having a smile and she calmed a bit, CCO thought for while and nodded. 

CCO " Go and finish the pending work and I m removing you from works related to Mr Kundrra, let Shyam handle that and you are free to do anything else than that "

Teju nodded " Chief, a request, can I be off camera for a while, I will do the rest of editing and article framing works "

CCO " you r investigative journalist and you can't fear cameras, Doing back office works will degrade your designated and your profile, focus and do what you r here for.. Now you may go "

She left muttering a small thank you and took a huge breath of sigh. She walked to anvi who was happy seeing her smile.

Anvi " Finally, thank God chief didn't listen to that witch, she was constantly bitching about you all these days "

Teju " Using the opportunity I guess.  That's fine, mistake is mine and I have to repent it.  "

Anvi nodded and her eyes turned mischievous " So how is it going with bhai, batao batao.. How was the wedding night "

Teju looked at her wide eyed and slapped her arms " Chup.. Kaise baatei kar raheho "

Anvi " you mean nothing happens.. Shit, what a life "

Teju " Muh band karo anvi "

Anvi  " On a serious note.. Are u really happy with this marriage.. I was shocked when u said yes "

Teju chuckled " Karan said the same thing "

Anvi " teju "

Teju " I don't know anvi, if u ask me I am happy? Yes I am.. The family is amazing and they all love me so much and it's overwhelming to see their love for me.  And if u ask about my couple life,  it's... It's good.. Like.. I don't know how to say.. Till some days ago I hated the existence of that man but today it feels like, I m seeing a different him.  He is not the way he portrays. He is gentle, he reason his actions and he is always thinking about my safety.  It all feels new to me why it comes from him but I opted for it.  I can't be childish in my marriage. He asked my opinion before tieing the knot and I said yes, so I have to change and accept the change of him as well. "