𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗟𝗨𝗗𝗘

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗟𝗨𝗗𝗘

Thousands of years ago, before any (well, most) of our characters were even thought of, arranged marriage was completely accepted, even encouraged

Thousands of years ago, before any (well, most) of our characters were even thought of, arranged marriage was completely accepted, even encouraged. Kings and queens would ship their sons and daughters off to new families for many reasons, the most prevalent ones being to improve political, economic, or social ties with other lands. The dark spirit, who alone had destroyed countless other races, arrived on earth, disguised as a duke, determined to destroy all human life.

His name was Yeonjun.

But instead, he had taken everyone - and himself the most - by by surprise, and fell deeply, madly, in love with a princess from a neighboring kingdom, during one of his monthly trips across the country.

He went back, over and over again, to her kingdom, and finally promised her that he would find a way to get her parents to agree to their marriage, despite him only being a duke, and not a prince, which, by most royal law, he was expected to be.

But he did it. He finally convinced the king to arrange their marriage, and she was sent to his kingdom the week before their wedding.

But a plague, caused by human filth, had rampaged through her kingdom, and nearly everyone, except the princess, died. After escaping her decimated town, the princess brought the plague to Yeonjun's kingdom, and they all perished, including her.

Of course, because Yeonjun was not human, he could not die. But, with his love gone, he was left alone. Completely alone.

After this, the plague continued to spread like water in a flood, until barely enough people to form one kingdom remained. They all blamed the devastation on the princess, who, word had it, was to be forced to marry someone she didn't love. Despite their hearts being in the right places, their story had gotten twisted; she did in fact love Yeonjun, very much. But because it had been an arranged marriage, everyone assumed she had been sent off against her will, little more than a daily transaction.