𝟎𝟒 - 𝐣𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥 ─◌✰್ 𝗃𝗈𝗂𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀 ❝𝘆𝗼𝘂'𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗱𝗼𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗱

─◌✰್ 𝗃𝗈𝗂𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀
❝𝘆𝗼𝘂'𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗱𝗼𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗱.❞

As the entire ballroom stood in shocked silence, you felt the urge to laugh

What was this lunatic playing at? Did they really think anyone would believe they had news that could doom both of the most prominent kingdoms in the country? Two kingdoms that just so happened to be embroiled in a centuries-long feud? No way. You scoffed inwardly.

Your dad cleared his throat from his spot at the back of the room, and all heads turned to face him and King Lee.

The two kings conversed with one another, voices hushed so no one else could hear them. Everyone stood in tense silence, waiting to see what they would decide.

Finally, after what felt like hours but could only have been a few minutes, your dad spoke up, his voice hard and decisive. You only ever saw him like this when he was stressed, like the time you spilled coffee on his brand new shirt, and he made you brew a new batch and go to the dry cleaners.

"If you have an announcement to make, you must come to the front of the hall so everyone can see you."

The figure nodded. "Very well."

Your dad nodded at two of the four guards at the door, and they immediately came to stand next to the figure, leading them up to the front of the room. They stood next to the figure as they took their spot.

You found yourself holding your breath as you waited to hear what they had to say. Clearly, it couldn't be anything good if it was going to doom you and your kingdom.

"People of the Obsidian and Moonstone kingdoms," the figure began, their voice harsh and raspy, as if they had never spoken aloud in their life.