𝟏𝟐 - 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐞

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘 ─◌✰್ 𝖽𝖾𝗌𝗉𝗂𝗍𝖾❝𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗱𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿, 𝗺𝘆 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗿?❞

─◌✰್ 𝖽𝖾𝗌𝗉𝗂𝗍𝖾
❝𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗱𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿, 𝗺𝘆 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗿?❞

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘 ─◌✰್ 𝖽𝖾𝗌𝗉𝗂𝗍𝖾❝𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗱𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿, 𝗺𝘆 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗿?❞

The decor in this room was worth more than your life.

The ballroom was decked out in all the Moonstone and Obsidian colors, every surface coated in lavish creations you had never seen before. Silver-encrusted vases, pearl and diamond chandeliers, black tourmaline-lined curtains and sapphire-blue carpets. The dance floor was made entirely of marble, engineered specifically so dancers would not slip and fall. Dozens of tables lined the walls, covered with pure white silk. They were stuffed full of every kind of food you could imagine, from Asian delicacies like fatty bulgogi and Wagyu beef, to Western classics like mini quiches and even a five-tiered chocolate fountain, with all the fixings. Dining tables sat on the opposite side of the room, dressed with deep blue and black cloths over the tops.

Each place was set with a pure white plate and gray napkins. Only the royal families of those who were courting were invited, and each family could only allow one adult, making this event incredibly exclusive. And as always, no commoners were allowed.

As you entered the room, you gazed around in awe. Even you had not seen something as extravagant as this. The kings and queens had outdone themselves this year. Clearly, the new shared income of both kingdoms upped their budget.

"Holy shit!" Riley appeared behind you, and you turned to face her. She had changed into a slightly less lavish, tighter black dress than her courting ceremony gown. It was plain silk with a slit up the right leg, and a gauzy neckline that created a romantic silhouette. Her hair was down in waves, instead of the proper pinned-up style she had during the ceremony. "This is wayy nicer than any of the Obsidian balls we had. Were yours this nice? I'm jealous!"

You shook your head. "Hell no, ours were nice but not this nice. It's good to know it wasn't just us. Where's Laska and Mya?"

Riley rolled her eyes. "They're still in the bathroom fixing their makeup. I got bored so I came out here to wait. Might snag a cream puff or something."