𝟎𝟐 - 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢 ─◌✰್ 𝗌𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗈𝗇 ❝𝗶 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗿𝘀𝘃𝗽

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢
─◌✰್ 𝗌𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗈𝗇
❝𝗶 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗿𝘀𝘃𝗽. 𝗶'𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲.❞

Fuck

Fuck. Those. Bitches.

You thought bitterly to yourself as you marched across the grass to the side of the house where the stables were located. This wasn't the first time you'd stormed out at breakfast, but you hadn't expected it to happen a mere three days after you came home.

For some reason, you'd hoped things had changed. You were never an optimistic person, and this just reminded you why that was, especially when it came to family.

They all disappointed you, in their own ways. Your mother's many faults were self explanatory. Your brother, no matter how much you loved him and how close you were to him, was a bit of a goody-two-shoes and tended to make excuses for both of your parents. Your father was amazing, but he never stood up to his own wife, and always took her side, even when she was clearly wrong. It hurt knowing you couldn't truly rely on anyone when it really came down to it.

You yanked the wooden stable doors open with a bit too much force, causing them to shake on their hinges. You walked past three stalls before arriving outside your horse's space and leading her outside.

A stunning dun-colored animal with a sleek, well-maintained coat, she was the biggest horse your family owned.

None of your family really enjoyed horse riding, except you. They would all ride across the kingdom when necessary, whether to personally connect with the locals or occasionally across the country to make political agreements with other royalty, but none of them had as deep a love for horses as you.

You'd chosen your horse five years ago as an eighteenth birthday present from your dad. Out of all thirteen horses he owned, you had your heart set on the biggest horse. In your eyes, that meant they were the best. And she had been your closest friend ever since, the only creature in the world who listened to your every woe, big or small.