𝟏𝟎 - 𝐛𝐞

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗘𝗡 ─◌✰್ 𝖻𝖾❝𝗽𝗼𝗼𝗿, 𝗽𝗼𝗼𝗿 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗘𝗡
─◌✰್ 𝖻𝖾
❝𝗽𝗼𝗼𝗿, 𝗽𝗼𝗼𝗿 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹.❞

You should get this limousine driver fired

For one, he wouldn't let you roll down the window, even though it was your family who employed him. For two, it felt like he was trying to hit every single speed bump in the entire kingdom. The ride shouldn't be taking this long, you thought. Wasn't it just fifteen minutes to the tailor's? It had definitely been closer to thirty already.

You felt like shit for the third day in a row, now. After the televised drawing ceremony and the interviews, you'd gone straight to JJ's house and drank your feelings away. You wouldn't - couldn't - think about what had happened that day. So you would pretend for as long as possible that nothing had happened. That your life was going to continue on the same way as it had for the past twenty-three years.

But of course it wasn't. You had been chosen to participate in a dating show, started by none other than your father, and the father of the man you were going to marry.

Marry.

Just thinking that word made your head spin and caused bile to rise in your throat. And it wasn't just from the exorbitant amount of liquor you'd ingested less than twenty-four hours prior.

When your name had been drawn, you'd been weirdly excited. You were looking forward to meeting new men, men who you didn't have a weird, chilly history with. You knew men liked you, and you were eager to get to know them.

That excitement had lasted all of two minutes, before you were waterboarded with the ice-cold reality.

You weren't going on the show single. You weren't going to have fun flirting with the hot guys. No, you were going to be married to the one man in the whole world you'd ever been able to muster up any sort of romantic feelings for in your entire life.

You should be excited. After all this time, you were going to be with a man you were attracted to, who challenged you. And he was a man your parents approved of. That was most girls' dream come true.