forty-one | promises

I TRIED

I TRIED.

I really tried to have a goddamn conversation with Quinn about what was going on while keeping my shit together. I tried to restrain myself, keep my hands off her, focus on the important things, like that she got food in her stomach.

But she just kept saying things.

Things like she cared about me more than her job.

Things that made me realize maybe she was just as lost to this—to us—as I was.

Things that made me lose my goddamn mind, made the need I have for her grow until I couldn't help but kiss her.

And now that my lips were on hers, I wasn't sure if I could ever break away.

"August," she groaned against my lips, making it well known that she wanted more. Especially when she added, "Please."

"Please what, baby?" I rasped, wanting to hear her say it.

"Please fuck me," she whined. "I need it."

Shit.

I dragged my lips away from her lips and down her neck, sucking on a sensitive spot by her collarbone. Meanwhile, my hands were all over her—smoothing over her curves and squeezing every bit of her I could find.

"What do you need?"

"You." Quinn gasped, tipping her head back as she let me feast on her. "I need you. I need to feel you."

I smiled against her neck. I was just so damn happy to have her in my arms again because there had been a moment there when I wasn't sure I'd see her again, and that fucking destroyed me. "You can't feel me right now?"

Quinn slid her fingers up my neck, curling them into my hair and yanking in annoyance. "Inside me," she panted. "I need to feel you inside me."

My lips grazed her skin, traveling lower. When her button-up top halted my progress, I grabbed each side of the shirt and ripped, not giving a damn about the buttons that went flying. All I cared about was finding more of Quinn's skin. She wore a lacy bra that had my mouth watering, and I cupped her breast over it before yanking it down so I could see her the way I wanted. She was unbelievable. Fucking unbelievable.

"Your sweet little pussy needs me, doesn't it?" I groaned right before I captured her nipple in my mouth.

"Yes," she cried, tightening her grip on my hair. "Yes."

I swirled my tongue over her nipple, appreciating the way it hardened in my mouth. Then I nipped the tip, making a sharp gasp fly from Quinn's mouth.

"What makes you think you deserve to get what you want after your little stunt this morning?" I released one nipple to hunt for the other. My hand covered her free breast, cupping it in my palm and swallowing another groan from how fucking good she felt. "Only good girls get fucked, Quinn baby. And you've been naughty."