twenty | we have time

QUINN LEANED AGAINST the wall of the boat's cabin, wearing nothing but that canary-yellow bikini and flashing eyes that begged me to take it off

Fuck, I wanted to. I'd never wanted someone the way I wanted her, and I didn't have the words to explain why. All I knew was that she made my body ache in undeniable ways. She made my heart race with so much as a fucking smile. And she unleashed a desperation in me that made me lose all goddamn control.

I took a tentative step toward her, unable to stay away.

Her breath hitched visibly.

I wondered if she could feel the pull the way that I could.

Or maybe she saw the intent in my eyes.

Because she was right.

We had time.

We had time, and neither of us was going anywhere.

I couldn't walk away even if I wanted to.

"How much?" she asked, her voice wispy. Breathless. "How much time?"

I took another step. "We have as long as you want."

"I want?" she repeated, a brow lifting. "What about what you want?"

I closed the remaining distance between us, cupping her cheek in my palm and pressing my body close enough to hers that she would probably feel the evidence of exactly what I fucking wanted.

Her.

"I want you, Castle," I said, wanting to make it undeniably clear. "Don't you feel that? Fuck, I want you for however long you let me have you. You're in control here. So yeah, it's as long as you want. It's whatever you want."

Quinn had to tip her head back to look up at me, her pretty eyes tracing my face while her lips parted in awe and disbelief.

I was struggling to believe this was happening, too, but I wasn't sure why she was surprised. I hadn't exactly made my attraction toward her a secret, even though I sure as hell tried. For a bit, anyway.

And then it became too fucking hard.

Quinn arched her body toward mine, clearly seeking to feel exactly how hard it was for me. She put her hand on my bare chest, burning my skin with her touch. She dragged it down, like she had while she was straddling me earlier, and I had to swallow a moan.

This woman had no fucking clue the extent of what she did to me. I was so close to throwing her over my shoulder like a goddamn caveman if she wasn't careful. The way she now traced the waistband of my board shorts was going to put me over the edge.

But I'd hold on just a little longer. Just long enough for her to say what I needed to hear.

Grabbing her wrist, I stilled her movements and caught her burning eyes with mine.