thirty-four | scared

QUINN LOOKED AT the water hesitantly before her eyes flicked to me and then back to the water again

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

QUINN LOOKED AT the water hesitantly before her eyes flicked to me and then back to the water again. ¸

"I'm not..." She looked down at her clothes. "Wearing a swimsuit."

No, she wasn't. She had on a pair of her cut-off shorts and a white tee, and she looked damn good. Like always.

I clucked my tongue. "The one time you're not wearing that little yellow bikini."

She looked sheepishly at the sand, drawing in it with the tips of her toes. "I don't wear it that much."

I raised a brow because we both knew she was lying, but then said, "It's not like I'm complaining. And I think you know that."

Quinn's lips pressed guiltily together because she was well aware of what she did to me.

It was terrifying, honestly, the things she did to me. I still couldn't believe I'd told her everything that I just had. That I'd entrusted a Warriors reporter when I'd spent years downright despising the media team and their role in the franchise.

But I didn't feel regret. Or really anything other than relief. Trusting Quinn allowed me to release some pent-up anger I'd been holding onto. Anger that I thought would dissipate when I left the team but still lingered. Quinn was changing things for me, and all I wanted right now was to be close to her.

Her and this island and this moment that I knew wouldn't last.

"You don't need a suit, Castle," I said, and her wide gaze shot straight to mine.

"I'm not going skinny dipping in the ocean with you."

I cocked my head to the side, even though that wasn't what I meant. "Why not?" I gave myself a second to rake my gaze over her in appreciation before adding, "I've seen you naked. Don't you remember?"

"Oh, I remember." Quinn's cheeks flamed, but she didn't look away. "But it's not you I'm worried about. The sun's still up."

Glancing around us at the empty beach and my distant neighbors, I chuckled. "As much as I want you naked, and I don't think a soul is paying attention to us, skinny dipping was not going to be what I suggested."

Quinn did another quick inspection of her outfit before flashing me a look. "You want to see me in my best wet t-shirt look, Fletcher? You did say I'd win a contest for it."

"You would. And I'm sure any judge would agree with me, but I'm the only one allowed to see."

She arched a brow as she started to unzip her shorts and wiggle out of them. "Is that so?"

All I did was nod, and Quinn didn't argue the point. She knew the agreement. While she was here, this little scene that was happening right now with her stripping for me? It was only for my eyes. It was only me and her.

Wearing only a pair of underwear and her shirt, Quinn stepped toward the water, cautiously dipping her toes into the ocean and leaving me to look at her backside, which was barely covered by a scrap of lace.

In the August Heatजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें