thirty-one | what you do to me

QUINN TURNED AROUND before I finished saying her name, and I couldn't help the grin that slid onto my face

I never imagined that Quinn Castle would be this eager to let me touch her, kiss her. Hell, she'd probably let me fuck her over this table right now if I wanted to.

And I did. I really, really did.

But that didn't mean that I should. Not here. Not now.

I moved closer to Quinn. Her hair was up in a high ponytail, and I brushed it out of the way so my lips could tease the back of her neck as I spoke.

"Time for lesson number one. You ready?"

She nodded wordlessly.

That eagerness again. Goddamn, it was going to be the death of me.

"Good girl," I murmured, letting my lips find the curve of her ear.

Quinn shivered, and I soaked up every tiny vibration. There would be more of those soon. I would make sure of it.

"What are we learning today?" she asked, and I could tell she was anxious for more. Fuck, did I want to give it to her.

"I'm gonna be honest," I replied, nuzzling her ear. "It doesn't have much to do with pool."

"You don't know how happy I am to hear that," she laughed breathily.

I put my hands on her waist and let them trail over her curves until I reached her hips. "Yeah?"

"Yeah."

The word was barely a word. Just a wisp of a breath.

"You don't like pool, Castle?"

"I like pool. But I like you more."

My pulse raced. I shouldn't be this affected by hearing that she liked me, but I was quickly learning that Quinn could so much as smile at me, and I was done for. And yet, somehow, she thought that I hadn't liked her all this time, that she wasn't special. That the time we spent together in New York didn't mean anything to me.

She was so fucking special.

Somehow, I would prove it to her before she left this island.

"I like you, too," I said, feeling like those words didn't do nearly enough to convey how I felt about her. I moved closer, pressing into her from behind. "Do you feel how much I like you, Castle?"

A slight groan slipped out of Quinn before she experimented with arching her back and letting her ass drag over my erection. Fuck, she felt good. Even through layers of clothes, she felt so good that I barely noticed the dull ache of my knee, desire masking it. I knew I shouldn't strain myself like this, but my cock pressed against my zipper, begging to be released.

I tightened my grip on her hips and flexed mine forward into hers. "Answer me, baby. Do you feel me?"

Quinn whimpered and released a soft, "Yes. I feel it."