seven | teamwork

IT HAD BEEN LESS than twenty-four hours since I saw Quinn Castle walk into Sunny's, and I'd already lost my goddamn mind

I could justify keeping her in my bed last night to ensure she didn't get too sick. And I could justify inviting her out to the beach while she wore that yellow torture device. But barging into her bathroom like that?

What the hell was wrong with me?

Thank fuck she'd been wearing her swimsuit because I was pretty sure if I'd walked in to see Quinn Castle naked in the shower, I wouldn't have known how to function. Looking at her with that wet little bikini plastered to her skin was a challenge enough. Considering how all the blood in my body rushed to my dick the moment I stepped into that bathroom, I'd been so close to giving her a really good idea of those measurements of mine.

Shaking my head in disbelief and disappointment in myself, I opened the refrigerator door to take stock of what was in there before I headed to the store. Just as I finished my mental checklist, Quinn's footsteps alerted me, followed by a loud sigh as she neared the kitchen.

I closed the fridge to find her rounding the corner, wearing loose jeans and a yellow tank top with spaghetti straps and buttons up the front. She looked like the fucking summer sun. And it made me want to jump back into the shower and blast cold water all over my body.

"Was that a sigh of relief?" I asked, cocking a brow. "That you made it out of the shower alive? Maybe I should have stayed to supervise."

I definitely shouldn't have.

Leaving had been the right choice because if I hadn't left...Well, I couldn't think about that. Because Quinn had already eyed up my cock today, and I didn't need it to grow and give her another reason to stare at it.

It liked having her eyes on it way too fucking much.

"No," she snorted. "I'm just relieved that you're–"

She cut herself off, and curiosity got the best of me.

"That I...?"

"Nevermind."

God, she knew just how to keep me frustrated.

"I'm gonna head to the store," I said, deciding not to pester her further. It was probably better that I didn't know what she was going to say.

"I thought we were going to the store."

Yeah, that had been my plan. Until I'd walked out of her shower and back to my room, only to realize how fucking hard it was to be around this woman and keep my head on straight. As soon as I'd closed my bedroom door, I'd replayed what I'd done. What I'd said.

Again, what the hell was wrong with me?

Quinn wasn't here so I could flirt with her. She was here to do her job.