John Stones

Happy Easter!

"Look baby, we have something for you. Do you remember what today is?" you crouched down to her height as she swung her basket around in the air.

"Easter" she whispered gently.

"Yes, well we have a little surprise for you. As you have been such a good little girl at school recently, the Easter bunny is coming to see you and we need to have your basket filled with all the eggs" you smiled as you could see her looking behind you.

"BUNNYYYYYYY" She squealed as loudly as she could, practically in your ear as you jumped up as the bunny was walking into the garden.

"Hello little girl, nice to meet you. I have hidden lots of eggs around the garden and I want you to collect them all up for me" the bunny asked Lola as she collected her basket up after she put it down being so excited as she hugged the bunny.

"Lola, you have a timer set. We have 10 minutes to go and find all of the eggs. Time starts now" you shouted as you pressed the timer.

You stood and took photos as you watched Lola running around the garden picking up all the eggs that you and John managed to hide earlier on that day.

"Ahh Lola, come on you can do it" you shouted as the bunny now was slowly creeping up on her as she picked up the eggs.

The timer buzzed off of your phone, the 10 minutes were complete.

"Come on, come over here and we can count all the eggs up" Lola ran up to you straight away with her basket filled to the top with eggs.

"1, 2 ,3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20"

You handed the basket back to Lola as she was jumping up and down, all hyper after the egg hunt.

"Well done baby, now go and give the Easter bunny the biggest cuddle and say goodbye. He has to go and visit some other lucky children now" you grinned as you watched Lola cuddle the bunny.

"That was such a great afternoon, I am so glad you got to meet the Easter bunny. Aren't you a lucky girl" you pulled her in for a big cuddle.

"Where's Daddy?" Lola asked you as you shook your head, not letting on that he was in the costume.

"Daddddddy" Lola screamed as she ran up to John.

"I am sad" Lola pouted, mother like daughter as you watched her pouting.

"Why is that baby?" John asked as she folded her arms across her chest.

"You missed the bunny, he gave me lots of chocolates and you didn't see him. So you aren't getting any of my chocolate" she huffed.

"Oh baby, sorry I had an important phone call I couldn't miss. Are you sure I can't get one? pretty please" John batted his eyelids as she instantly fell for it and handed him a small egg.

"How did you manage that honestly, she has you wrapped round her little finger. Missing out on seeing the bunny but you still get chocolate. Never change John" you laughed.

"I know, I am amazing. I can't help it" John smirks.

"I did love you in that bunny costume though" you also had a smirk showing on your face.

"I bet you did, I will wear it to bed next time" he let out a laugh.