Pedri Gonzalez

25 Days Of Christmas
16. Visiting Santa's Grotto
Pedri

Word Count: 533

You and Pedri were planning to take your little girl to see Santa.

When you took her last years, she was so scared of the beard she screamed the whole grotto down very much to your embarrassment.

"Are you sure she is going to like seeing him this year?" Pedri asked as he was putting Lila's shoes on.

"I hope so, otherwise I may cry with embarrassment again because it was too much last time we went. Praying she will like it this time" you smiled as you put your coat on and head out the door.

Lila was so excited to be outside with her fancy new coat on.

As you got to the local shopping centre where Santa was, Lila was still excited as she queued up to see him as she jumped up and down waiting patiently for her turn.

Santa's elves ushered you inside the grotto as Lila paused in her tracks as soon as she saw Santa's face.

"Shit" you muttered under your breath.

"Hello, what is your name?" Santa asked as Pedri pushed her closer towards Santa, despite her being reluctant to do so.

"Lila" you smiled and answered her as she was still so scared.

"Come and sit down with Santa" the elf muttered as Lila's shoulders went down and she walked towards Santa.

Lila felt comfortable as she managed to sit near Santa on the small stool that was sat beside him.

"What would you like for Christmas Lila?" Santa turned and asked her as she looked at his big white beard.

"Barbie, lots of barbies" Lila shouted out loudly with the biggest smile on her face.

"I am sure I can do that for you, thank you for telling me. I hope you've been a good little girl for your Mummy and Daddy" he asks as Lila jumps up and down in her seat.

"Yes I have been" Lila had the biggest smile on her face as you and Pedri smiled as you watched the photographer take the pictures of Lila with Santa.

Thankfully she looked happy with him and didn't look like she was going to scream the room down, which was a result in itself.

As Lila left, Santa placed a small box into her hand as she left the grotto before turning round and waving at Santa and his elves.

"That was so fun, I love Santa" Lila shouts as she walked out with the biggest smile on her face which instantly make you and Pedri smile knowing she hated it last time to liking him this time was perfect.

"Oh I am glad, shall we open your box now? See what Santa gave you" you smiled as she opened the small box.

"It is chocolate coins, can I have one now mummy? please please mummy?" Lila jumped up and down as you simply nodded.

"Of course you can darling" you passed them to her as she practically stuffed it in her face.

"Thank you mummy, shall we go and see barbie things?" she asked as Pedri let out a little giggle.

"Sure baby, maybe we can see if Santa buys them" you grinned as you headed to the toy shop.