Coat

An hour after Damian left, the doctors came to check up on her.

From what they have said, she seemed to be fine. She just had a nervous breakdown along with an anxiety attack.

When it was almost 11, they tried to contact her parents one last time before letting her leave. 

They didn't pick up so she was handed back her clothes and a piece of paper she needed for clearance or something.

When she stepped foot outside, the cold immediately sent shivers down her spine and goosebumps on her skin.

She forgot to bring a coat...

Could she call Damian?

She could but it was already late. The boy was for sure finishing his schoolwork and Anya didn't wanna bother.

She made him spend the evening in the hospital. She held him back enough.

Shivering, she walked down the staircase she was standing on and walked along the sidewalk to get back on the main road.

"Wait, ms!" Someone called.

Anya turned around, assuming she was the one being called. She was the only one outside anyway.

The lady calling her turned out to be a nurse.

When the nurse arrived in front of her, she held out a neatly folded cloth.

"The young man that was with you earlier told me to give you this when you leave. He said he figured you might need it." The nurse said as Anya took the item.

It was thick and soft.

"What is this?" Anya asks the nurse, having no idea what it was that she was holding.

"That is a coat, I assume."

Unfolding the cloth, Anya held it in front of her to see what it was.

It was dark and she couldn't see it very well but she saw an outline of a coat.

"The young man also gave this."

Taking the fabric from the woman's hands, Anya quickly realized that it was a scarf.

Smiling, she let out a breathy scoff.

"Arigato!" Anya turned back to the nurse with a grin.

"You're very much welcome. Have a good night young lady." The nurse bowed and walked off before Anya could form a reply.

Sighing, she slipped on the coat and buttoned it up. She wrapped the scarf around her neck and sighed in content at the warmth it provided.

She made a mental note to thank Damian at school.

______________

When Anya arrived home, there was no one there but Bond.

"Taidama!" She said to no one in particular.

When she slipped off her shoes, she walked over to her dog and knelt down to give it a hug.

"Borf!"

His tail wagged rapidly as she pulled back and started to pet him.

She figured her parents were working late so she went into her room with Bond following.

She took off the coat that was now surely mixed with her scent, tried her best to fold it, and placed it on her desk.

She unwrapped the scarf and placed it on top of the coat, reminding herself to bring it tomorrow so she could return it.

She ate dinner at the hospital so she took her pajamas, grabbed her towel, and went into the bathroom with the intention of showering off the stress.

______________

When she was dressed in her pajamas, she collapsed on her bed.

She wasn't going to study. She did that at the hospital earlier.

She set her alarm and grabbed a book on the table beside her bed.

She wasn't feeling sleepy so she decided to read the book Becky bought her.

It wasn't her birthday or Christmas when she was handed the book but Becky claimed she saw it in the mall and it reminded her of Anya due to the genre.

Anya always had a thing for stories with a lead that's secretly an agent or a spy.

She wasn't able to read the book that much due to her busy schedule but she found the start interesting.

She was nearing chapter 4 when the telephone on her desk rang.

She jumped at the loud noise, not at all expecting it.

She put down the book and cautiously answered the phone. It could be an enemy calling.

"Hello?"

"Anya."

She quietly sighed upon hearing her father's voice.

"I heard you were sent to the hospital."

She stayed silent for a few moments.

So he received the call...

"Yeah..."

"We'll talk about this when I get back. Yor-san is on a mission. I'm working on something here at headquarters." He explained.

Anya nodded.

She was a little annoyed that her parents couldn't drop what they were doing and immediately go to her.

But she pushes down that feeling knowing that with their jobs, they can't do something so reckless and sudden.

They're are probably busy then and couldn't leave.

She tried to understand and she did but there was a bitter feeling in her heart that made her feel like an ungrateful child.

"Handler is asking you to report here at 4:30. She has something she would like to discuss with you." He informs.

"Alright. I'll be there. Is that all?"

"Have you had dinner? I left money on the table in case you haven't eaten yet."

"I ate at the hospital.."

She tried not to sound bitter and annoyed but her tone betrayed her.

"Ah, I see. Are you okay? You seem distant."

She sighs quietly.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just tired." She excused, hoping her dad wouldn't push anything.

"Alright. Rest up. It's 1 am. You have an early morning."

"Yeah, okay. Good night."

Before he could reply, she cut the call, slamming the phone onto the base.
(Idk what to call it)

Tears started to pool in her eyes and she quickly wiped it away, not wanting to have a breakdown when she should be resting.

She put her book away, not in the mood to read anymore.

She turned off her lamp and sunk down onto the matress, staring at the ceiling.

After some time, she closed her eyes, forcing herself to think of what Damian did for her to try and get herself in a good mood.

Eventually, she drifted off into her slumber, dreading the time she has to wake up and go to headquarters.

___________

Wrote this when I should be doing the schoolwork that's due tomorrow🥲 procrastination has me chained