Help

"And that is how the war started." The professor finishes, dropping the chalk and turning to look at his students.

"Any questions?" He asks, glancing at each and every one of them.

The class was silent, indicating that no one had anything to ask.

He takes a textbook in his hand and turns to the board, grabbing the chalk and writing down the important details.

Writing the last letter, he turns back around to continue the lesson.

"Moving on, let us discuss the politics involved in the war."

Anya nods along to the words of the professor as she copies the words written on the board, including some of what he said.

She had been taking notes for a while now and her hand was starting to hurt.

Fortunately, this was her last class for the day.

She actually never liked history. Having to learn what happened a long time ago was not something she'd like to do almost everyday.

But she puts up with it. For the sake of her grades and her career as a spy.

As a spy, you are encouraged to learn as much history as possible to understand missions better.

There are targets that are involved in the history of Westalis and Ostania, so therefore, you need to learn their background to get to know them a little and to understand the point of the mission.

The bell rings, the sound echoing throughout the entire school.

The professor sighs quietly as he closes his textbook.

"I will give a quiz tomorrow. I expect you all to study." He eyes everyone, his gaze lingering a little longer on Anya.

He knows how she was. She has proven that she can be responsible and has improved greatly but there is still some doubt.

Seeing the slight glare the teacher is giving Anya made his blood boil.

To this day he still doubts her. Even after watching her grow as a student for more than a decade.

Clenching his jaw, he abruptly raised his hand, catching the teacher's attention.

"Yes, Mr. Desmond?"

"Are we continuing the lesson tomorrow or are we just doing a quiz?" Damian asks as politely as he can.

"We will continue after the quiz. If you have no more questions, you all are dismissed."

As some of the students walk out, Anya zips up her bag and stands, waiting for Becky to do the same.

When she stands up, they both walk out, unaware of Damian's gaze.

____________

Anya sighs as she steps out of the building.

She was exhausted. She spent hours studying at the library and only stopped when she caught a glance at the dark sky through the window.

She walks over to a bench at the grounds, deciding that home could wait a little longer.

She didn't wanna go home with a frown on her face. She didn't want her parents to question anything.

She was honestly having a bad day.

She didn't get much sleep cause she stayed up all night completing a mission along with her assignments.

She overslept too, causing her to miss the bus. So she had to run in order for her to make it on time.

She was 10 minutes late so she got scolded and ended up with detention during lunch, causing her to be late to a class.